Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:37:52 PM EDT
I have two I'm thinking of selling? One is a old real deal Colt M16 with a new style flash hider and newer handguards but still has the no side assist and no brass deflector. Marked C in all the right places.

The other is a GI Upper with a side assist, standard birdcage and newer handguards.

Both have 1-12 twist, I would sell both with out BCG or charging handle.

What could I expect to get a piece.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#1]
think cdnn has sp1 for 369
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have seen them for as low as $225 which I thought was a give away to as high as $300 which I think is what mine were worth .  Mine were minty and still had the triangular handguards but had been upgraded to A1 FH somewhere along the way. They were both AF 604.  

One was actually  a VP in a triangle verified proof bbl which made it VERY EARLY but I didn't know it until it was already sold. Might have been worth more.  I did OK so I'm happy with it.

rj
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Description is to vague.  What are the markings?  Is there a forge code on the carry handle just below the rear sight, like CM, CK, LM, PM, or CH?  Is the barrel marked MP C, C MP C, C MP B, C MP CHROME BORE. SAK, FNMI?  Are the front pivot pin and rear take down lugs gloss black, is the front one counterbored?  Is the receiver spraypainted black?  Is there a VP and a C in a square infront of the port door?, Etc, etc....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
think cdnn has sp1 for 369

No, SP1s were large hole, and the ones CDNN has are small hole unless they recently changed something.  The CDNN ones are M16s.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The CDNN uppers are take offs from like new late production Colt's M16A1's.  Serial number range would have been in the 5,000,000 series, 1974 and later, CH forge code, C MP CHROME BORE marked barrel, late blue/gray finish, no counter bore on the front pivot pin lug.  Finish is much nicer then earlier war time production.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#6]
People have asked me the same questions in all the IMs. The one upper is marked  CMP CHROME BORE, it has the old colt grey looking reciever marked C & H.

hell I'll just take some pictures tonight for you guys.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I got one off of the EE, about 3 months ago, for $225..it was like new, with the birdcage FH and trangle and handguards..
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
People have asked me the same questions in all the IMs. The one upper is marked  CMP CHROME BORE, it has the old colt grey looking reciever marked C & H.

hell I'll just take some pictures tonight for you guys.

That would be the same Colt's late M16A1 upper that CDNN is selling.

What about the Air Force M16 upper?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got one off of the EE, about 3 months ago, for $225..it was like new, with the birdcage FH and trangle and handguards..

That was a give away. You did good. There were a bunch of 'Me next'  

rj
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a give away. You did good. There were a bunch of 'Me next'  

rj

Damn right I did...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]
First Upper
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Upper
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry guys I couldn't get any good close up pics of any letters or marking on the uppers.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like post 1982 production, that is after Colt's quit making them.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#13]
After further review they are big pin uppers so I guess that would mean that they were SP1s? Right?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Some SPII uppers used that upper, delta ring, and handguards, but not that barrel.  I get the idea that is a custom build.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Airforce take off upper(small hole), Colt Slab side, colt gray, if it has been shot, it was prob just a test fire, with a tiny bit of rash on the carry handle and by the rear sight im guessing from the arms rack. It has a 3-prong flash, and the only markings I can find on the bbl is a 12..

I wanted to do a Old school build but have decided that after letting it sit for the last 3 years, I may try to move it....I dont remmember what we paid for them?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a pristine Colt SP1 upper for $160 shipped!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have a Airforce take off upper(small hole), Colt Slab side, colt gray, if it has been shot, it was prob just a test fire, with a tiny bit of rash on the carry handle and by the rear sight im guessing from the arms rack. It has a 3-prong flash, and the only markings I can find on the bbl is a 12..

I wanted to do a Old school build but have decided that after letting it sit for the last 3 years, I may try to move it....I dont remmember what we paid for them?

They were $259.95 each.  IM your way....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top