Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2004 3:21:53 AM EST
I finally made the decision to send my Colt Mt6400C to ADCO and have the barrel cut to 14.5" with a Phantom 5C2 permanently attached which will make it a legal 16". However, I have never mailed a firearm so how does this work? I understand ADCO just needs my upper for this work. Do I take the handguards and carry handle off? What carrier is the best way to get it there? Do I send it UPS FedX USPS and does it go regular freight or a Next Day Air type service, registered mail etc. How much does this cost and how much should it be insured for? Sorry to bombard you, but need help!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:39:44 AM EST

Just send the upper. No need for the HG's, Carry handle, B/BC/CH.

Depending on your service in your area use one of the big 3 carriers. The USPS isn't too bad on something simple like an upper.

It definetly will be under $20 to ship but you wont know exactly till you package it up and bring it to them.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:44:38 AM EST
ship it via USPS priority mail. Insure for the proper amount if you like.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:46:37 AM EST
Do I send it registered where they have to sign for it on their end?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:24:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By clubster:
Do I send it registered where they have to sign for it on their end?

Just like anything: Depends. Do you want to spend the extra cash for it? If your USPS location is pretty good, don't worry about it.

I usually just get the 45 cent delivery confirmation added on but not the extra registered thing. if its worth a few bucks to you, do it. If you are shipping to adco, they are rock solid on their receiving, shipping and quality of work.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:40:18 AM EST
Don't use UPS... If they find out you are shipping gun parts around here, they won't accept it, and it they were to have trouble, you woudn't be able to collect anyhow. I have pretty much quit using them. Fed-Ex or USPS.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:21:08 AM EST
Best Way to Ship an Upper

Good Ol' Search Button...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:24:24 AM EST
My preference is FEDEX ground in a FEDEX tube with over 15 shipments in the last 6 months not one problem. I am also in the transportation business and as a whole I never really have any problems with the FEDEX system. Just my $.02 worth...
Top Top