Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2003 7:11:09 AM EDT
If you remove an eotech from a SIR, and then mount it again on the same place you had it before, how much loss of zero can you expect?
Aren't you supposed to secure the eotech with threadlocker?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#1]
According to EOTech there is a possible change of +/- 1MOA when remounting a HWS.

When you first mount your optic push it forward ,towards the muzzle, tight against the rail, secure the thumb screw hand tight and then give it an extra 1/4 turn with a coin and you should be good to go.  There's absolutely no need for thread locker.

When you remove it make sure put it back on the same rail address, follow the same procedure above and you should be pretty dead on.  

I've removed my EOTech a few times and so far it's been dead on after remounting.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto what Jim said. I've removed / replaced mine a couple of times, and it's been dead nuts on.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Have lost windage zero but not elev. with r/r.
Have not been as exacting however as the other posters have outlined but have used exact same slot in rail on R/R.
Their's is probably more viable info........
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've removed my EOTech a few times and so far it's been dead on after remounting.  
View Quote

That has been my experience as well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That has been my experience as well.
View Quote

No problems here either.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine's been dead on as well when following the above procedure.Regards,Blade
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Same as the others, with Eotech and Aimpoint as well as Trijicon reflex and ACOG...haven't noticed anything negative on any of them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top