Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2003 7:45:38 AM EDT
I feel I must talk to someone about my experiance last weekend.I live in Key West and there is no where to shoot here, so I go out on my boat to shoot.I took a work college who kept on about going shooting with me at some time.
So this weekend I loaded my boat up with ammo several guns and floating targets and off we went about 8 miles out.
This is the part you will like. I loaded my fal and threw in a floating target and gave the gun to my friend....He shot the clip off as fast as he could.I didnt think much of it, just thought he was buzzing. But clip after clip he just shot the ammo off as fast as he could, he didnt even aim, just pointed it in the general direction of the target!!!
He did it with all the guns I took.
He must have done $80 in ammo in 15 minutes!!!
I told him after a while he needs to slow down and aim at the targets, but after a couple of shots he was back to full fire again.So I watched his face when he was shooting and found he was closing his eyes when he was pulling the trigger and his face was contorted, it looked like he was scared and just wanted to get it over with!
I will not be taking him again.
Very strange
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:06:35 AM EDT
That is hillarious, I have a 12 year old cousin who live on a farm where I always go to shoot. I had my ar and he wanted to go back to the highlines to watch us shoot. The kid is never around guns so we let him tag along. I started to slow fire with the AR and the Kid (clamping his ears so tight you'd think their was incoming heavy artillery, started crying. What kind of a farm boy do you know like that. I just laughed as my brother rode him bakc to the house on the four-wheeler.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:31:32 AM EDT
I practice rapid firing from the hip often, thats something you may need to be able to do. It could save your life, when/if you don't have the time to shoulder the rifle or get a handgun up to look down the sights. Think wildwest, draw and fire from your hip as fast as possable [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:55:55 PM EDT
I hate to be the PIA but this is the Ammo Forum, this is kind of an off topic post.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:10:28 AM EDT
Shooting at floating targets? - bullets skip off water, you could end up hurting someone and give the anti-gunners more ammo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:24:18 AM EDT
It involves ammo, thats why its in the ammo forum,just a bit of fun, and we were 8 miles out so the bullet would have to skip a long way to hurt someone. Any other complaints?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:26:43 AM EDT
The first time I was exposed to firearms as a child, the noise scared the hell out of me too. Dad made me shoot a .22lr revolver which was just more than I could handle at the time, although I seem to remember enjoying shooting the .22lr rifle my dad had. I think it was the noise that turned me off on the pistol. If I take someone out to shoot for the first time, I make sure they have really good ear protection and start them out on .22's. I find that perceived recoil is mostly based on the noise level, so if you can cut down on the noise the shooter hears, they will experience less kick. Not really a concern on .22 rifles, but when shooting pistols and rifles in larger calibers, it can definitely make a difference. If you take your time, and don't force them to shoot the big stuff too much, they should have a hell of a time.
Top Top