Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:37:31 PM EDT
I bought some 5.56 ammo and am not sure what I have!  Here is the information from the box of 20 the ammo came in:

5.56MM Ball M193
Manufactured by HHC Ltd., Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Exclusive USA Importer:  Connecticut Cartridge Company
Headstamp:  5.56     82

The ammo looks clean and was supposed to have been stored in the house.

Any help would be appreciated in learning about this ammo!

Paul

Edited to add from the box:
These cartridges are manufactured to U.S. Military Specifications MIL C-9963E.  They are loaded with modern smokeless powder, non-mercuric, non-corrosive primers and military specification bullets.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you get it, how much?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought it from an online contact at the Ruger Forum.  The guy was selling the ammo for a lady whose husband died 3 years ago in the line of duty.  Sounds like a pretty good line - huh!  But I don't think so.  I got 420 rounds.

Paul
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Taiwanese 5.56mm, Thai 5.56mm and BMP (Government Arsenal, Republic of the Philippines), follow the 5.56mm specs for the bullets they manufacture.

These countries are among the ones in Asia equipped with the M16, and they strictly follow 5.56mm specs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the information rch.  I hope these are going to be some pretty good rounds.  I'll chronograph them at my next opportunity.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top