Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2003 8:18:44 AM EDT
I just finished putting together a new AR using a CAR 15 kit and a LE entry stock . Now I need to find a good tactical sling that won't interfere with the charging handle . From all the slings I have looked at it is looking like a single point attachment sling is going to be my best bet . Anyone out there have any experience with this setup and can give me some advice ? I also e-mailed CQB Solutions last night for their advice .
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Guncrzy:

I put CQB Solutions HST slings on both my entry guns, with the KAC QD single point adapter for the CAR stock. Like all single point slings they have their own set of problems (the gun swings freely if you don't have at least one hand on it, and you have to be careful of the muzzle when you go to prone or kneeling), but overall I like the setup very much. Weak hand transitions are a snap with the HST, since all you have to do is bring the buttstock over the top of the sling to go to your weak shoulder for corners. I had Giles slings on both guns, but when I installed SureFire 500s, the slings would not work, so I went to the single point slings to get them out of the way of the lights.

I first tried the GG&G single point adapter, but I liked the idea of a QD sling swivel so that I could remove the entire sling without having to rethread everything through the buckles. The KAC adapter is ambidextrous, which I liked since I am lefthanded.

There were a couple of posts here about this question a few days ago....what I put above is JMO, YMMV, but I have been very satisfied with the  setup.

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input NCCOP .I ended up e-mailing Jeff Orchard personally at CQB and he got right back with me . After getting his suggestions back I called him and ordered a CST sling from him . If the rest of the service is anything like the quick response I got from Jeff I will be sure to do more buissiness with them in the future . I am still considering a single point sling then I can put the CST on my full size AR . I am going to look at some other setups next weekend at the big FDCC shoot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
GC; You done smart by contacting Jeff. He flat knows his stuff and will come up with something prefect for you.

Good luck.

SD
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Well my order was shipped out on monday and I just recieved it today due to Jeff upgrading my shipping for me. The sling is just what I was looking for in fit and quality. Now I just have to wait for CQB's new holster to come out in OD then I will place my next order. The one thing I won't wait for is to tell everyone that the service at CQB is excellent.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top