Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/20/2004 5:44:36 PM EST
I 've seen a number of folks on here talk about taking a tactical carbine course, or tactical XZY course. I've never done this, but it intrigues me.

I've been a High Power shooter for awhile, but never taken out the ole' M4 for anything other than plinking.

Do you guys recommend anyone in AZ? Besides Gunsite, as they want a WEEK of your time and too much dough for my first foray. I need to work, and a week off for shooting is a bit tough.

Anyone been to, or have any info about these guys:

http://tactrain.net

?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:52:17 PM EST
A bunch of us are taking a class at Ben Avery this weekend. Check the thread in the Arizona Hometown forum.

There is another advanced class that I am sponsoring in February with Bill jeans but it requires prior training.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:37:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:00:54 PM EST
I would highly recommend TacTrain courses. I have taken many pistol, carbine and bolt gun TacTrain courses over the last four years or so. George is a gifted teacher and a good guy. If you have questions send him an email.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:12:26 PM EST
Another vote for TacTrain. The chief instructor George Dean has a tremendous amount of experience and his courses are safe, reasonable priced and you can repeat (take the same course again) his courses for a nominal fee, around $20. There is a level 1 carbine course on 10/30, you might be able to get in to that one (not sure if it's full yet). Email him and he will get back to promptly.
Top Top