Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:35:33 PM EDT
Here's a little project I've been working on for the last few days.  Thought I'd share it with the rest of the gang.  It's a video about our local Tactical Rifle Matches.  Myself and Rabbit9 have been running these for the last three years or so.  Kinda shows a little bit of what we do at the matches.  Click HERE to watch.  The video will start on it's own.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!! and great music also. I was diggin it!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Very coolhe
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
great work man
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
An M14 in the mix....nice.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
An M14 in the mix....nice.

He kicks butt with that 14 too!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]
where do I sign up. good job..........................
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice.

Except tell the guy with the pistol cal AR he's cheating!

Our Practical Rifle match is this weekend (loading mags at the moment).
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nice.

Except tell the guy with the pistol cal AR he's cheating!

That would be me.
Every once in a while I break out the suppressed 9mm.  The type of rifle / optics your using won't buy you much at our matches.  I try to design the COF to be equipment neutral.  The guy you saw shooting the iron sighted M1A won that match.

Our Practical Rifle match is this weekend (loading mags at the moment).

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The type of rifle / optics your using won't buy you much at our matches.  I try to design the COF to be equipment neutral.  The guy you saw shooting the iron sighted M1A won that match.

Same here. At our matches we've got the guys who come out decked to the nine's in full SWAT gear sproting Leupold CQBs, stainless barrels, etc. Then we've got one of our guys shooting a POS Romanian WASR-10 AK, 75 round drum, and $30 BSA sight. He regularly comes in top 15 (out of 50-75). We have winners some times that are just plain ol' iron sighted A2s. This will be my first time running with an AR (been there with the AKs). AR15.com SEBR with EOTech. Should be a good combo.

Although our matches are structured a bit differently. The club allows us to use their working gravel pit to run around in. As a result we have stages that are from 3 feet out to 250 yards.

And even though sometimes the .308 guys seem to be at a slight disadvatnage, you do see the power difference when the smack the steel flashers at 200 yards.

Great fun man.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
If you go to google video, type unka boo in the search, there is a vid of me from our November PR match that No-Aim took. Just don't get too bored with my lack of pistol skills.....oh, and I run like a girl .
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The type of rifle / optics your using won't buy you much at our matches.  I try to design the COF to be equipment neutral.  The guy you saw shooting the iron sighted M1A won that match.

Same here. At our matches we've got the guys who come out decked to the nine's in full SWAT gear sproting Leupold CQBs, stainless barrels, etc. Then we've got one of our guys shooting a POS Romanian WASR-10 AK, 75 round drum, and $30 BSA sight. He regularly comes in top 15 (out of 50-75). We have winners some times that are just plain ol' iron sighted A2s. This will be my first time running with an AR (been there with the AKs). AR15.com SEBR with EOTech. Should be a good combo.

Although our matches are structured a bit differently. The club allows us to use their working gravel pit to run around in. As a result we have stages that are from 3 feet out to 250 yards.

And even though sometimes the .308 guys seem to be at a slight disadvatnage, you do see the power difference when the smack the steel flashers at 200 yards.

Great fun man.

I'm gonna kick your butt with YOUR Eotech.... ( I hope.. )
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you go to google video, type unka boo in the search, there is a vid of me from our November PR match that No-Aim took. Just don't get too bored with my lack of pistol skills.....oh, and I run like a girl .

Like a FAT girl...

I'll try to take some decent video and edit it this time around. Do a bit more promotion and get the thing so big that Randy's hair will fall out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like a FAT girl...

I'll try to take some decent video and edit it this time around. Do a bit more promotion and get the thing so big that Randy's hair will fall out.

Damnit, I'm big-boned!!!

And yes, we need to take more video.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That was cool!

Glad you like it NAG.

We actually got the idea for our shoothouse from one of your stages.

When our team won your annual match a couple of years ago, we were just getting started.  We just keep plugging away at it and try to get better.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Great fun man.

We're really lucky to have the access to the Carolina Star that we do.  We have a three hundred yard rifle range, two intermediate ranges, and a three berm pistol bay that gives us a full 180 degree field of fire.  They even let us use a storage facility to keep our steel, target stands and props on site, which makes it a lot easier to set up.  

We typically run a 3-4 stage match with a minimum round count around 80.  The facility we have allows me to design the COF's to challenge the shooter as well as the equipment.  We run an "Open Class" match, but have a "one gun - one optic" rule.  The guys with the Aimpoints / EoThingy's are faster on the CQB courses, but when we take the targets out past the two hundred meter mark, the scoped guns get to play catch up.  We also have a lot of shooters who are VERY competitive with irons.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Its cool what you do.

But videos of pictures suck regardless of how they are.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Its cool what you do.

+1 i for one want to see brass in the air
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its cool what you do.

+1 i for one want to see brass in the air

Here you go
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#21]
tagged for home viewing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Very Good! Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Tag for later - damn work computer won't play videos
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top