Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/24/2004 7:30:57 PM EST
Today I received my tacpoint 1 (tac-s) in the mail from Texas Tactical Gear. Upon inspection I observed the scope to be of extremelygood quality. The reticle of the scope is extremely bright, even in sunny conditions. I have not brought the scope to the range yet, however I am predicting the scope to be accurate. My major complaint is the included scope caps. They are made of very cheap plastic and are not of good construction. I almost broke one attemting to insert it onto the unit. The unit included the scope, two caps, one aluminum mounting ring and an extra set of batteries. This is not a bad deal for the price Texas Tactical is selling these pieces.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:11:12 AM EST
Stop talking before you are bashed into a pile of garbage because you bought a 'chicom' POS.

On a side note, I agree with you. Great scope for the money and fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:42:15 PM EST
I have one on the way.... plan on comparing it to my aimpoint on my "serious" rifle.

I expect this little gem to at least be on par or slightly higher quality than all those chicom red-dot sights like these... because this is what I was going to get for plinking:

www.impactguns.com/store/bsa_bsrd30sb.html

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:15:11 PM EST
+1 IBTL.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:36:39 PM EST
Will the Tacpoint co-witness with the mount it comes with?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:59:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 7:23:57 PM EST by FALARAK]

Originally Posted By easy610:
Will the Tacpoint co-witness with the mount it comes with?

No. A lot of people are discussing this (use the SEARCH tool) but the cheapest route seems to be the YHM spacer, around $11. You just need a weaver/picatinny type spacer to lift up the factory mount a little.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:27:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

[Nigel Tufnel]
"This one goes to 11"
[/Nigel Tufnel]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:33:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 3:34:38 PM EST by FALARAK]

Originally Posted By gregw45:

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

www.impactguns.com/store/media/bsa_bsrd30sb.jpg

[Nigel Tufnel]
"This one goes to 11"
[/Nigel Tufnel]

Nigel Tufnel : The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi : Oh, I see. And most AIMPOINTS go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel : Exactly.
Marty DiBergi : Does that mean it's BRIGHTER? Is it any BRIGHTER?
Nigel Tufnel : Well, it's one BRIGHTER, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be SHOOTING at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your AIMPOINT. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi : I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel : Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi : Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel : Eleven. Exactly. One BRIGHTER.
Marty DiBergi : Why don't you just make ten BRIGHTER and make ten be the top number and make that a little BRIGHTER?
Nigel Tufnel : [Pause] These go to eleven.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:13:37 PM EST
FALARAK,

That gets my vote for best tacpoint post ever!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:15:56 PM EST
I think the Tacpoint would look better in Dubley.

I love Tap.
Top Top