Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 11:33:24 AM EST
I'm being told two different things by two different people. One is that the T-1 will not Co-Witness with AR BUIS's (Troy Sights in particular) so I need a raising mount and another person is telling me I don't need a raised sight for the same thing. I am talking about the lower 1/3 of the sight picture and yes they are both trying to sell me their T-1's. I did a search with no avail. May I have clarrification on this?

Thanks Gents!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:39:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By riese:
I'm being told two different things by two different people. One is that the T-1 will not Co-Witness with AR BUIS's (Troy Sights in particular) so I need a raising mount and another person is telling me I don't need a raised sight for the same thing. I am talking about the lower 1/3 of the sight picture and yes they are both trying to sell me their T-1's. I did a search with no avail. May I have clarrification on this?

Thanks Gents!!

The T-1 by it self is a very low mounting optic. You will need a riser to get lower 1/3 co-witness. LaRue and other companies offer risers for that purpose.

You may want to see if these sellers are including an after market riser or not.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:45:15 PM EST
Without some kind of riser mount the T-1 is not only too low to cowitness irons on an AR, it's just plain too low to use even without any irons.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:46:06 PM EST
My understanding is that Daniel Defense is working on a "Co-Witness" mount to go along with their "Lower 1/3" mount.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:21:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By SiGfever:
My understanding is that Daniel Defense is working on a "Co-Witness" mount to go along with their "Lower 1/3" mount.

Might be a bit on that one seeing as they arent working on anything right now...
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:46:38 PM EST
Here are how two of Larue's mounts co-witness.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:19:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By bigdogmedia66:
Here are how two of Larue's mounts co-witness.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu239/bigdogmedia66/T-1SightPicture.jpg?t=1249256667

Great pic here. I use the lower 1/3 (LT660) on both of my Micros and love it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:24:37 AM EST
Thanks Everyone! Got the LaRue 660 with the T-1! Can't wait to pysically get it now!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:02:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By riese:
Thanks Everyone! Got the LaRue 660 with the T-1! Can't wait to pysically get it now!

It's the best dot-sight combo I've ever owned or used. Congrats!
Top Top