Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2004 5:05:19 PM EDT
Just picked up 600 rounds of this for $60 at a gunshow this weekend.  Anybody have any experience with it?

Came in a brown kraft box with a white wrapper...front says"30 cartridges 5.56 mm, M193, Lot 00217/E"

Back is: "Manufactured in Israel by TAAS - Israel Industries LTD"

[Importer?] Hansen Cartridge Company Southport, CT

Rounds are marked TZZ 1993 and TZZ 1994

Thanks in advance...

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be fine ammo.  Hansen used to be a major importer of ammunition.  When Yugoslavia broke up, they lost the manufacturer of much of their ammo.  They, of course, also imported IMI ammunition.  I purchased IMI 5.56 and Portuguese 5.56 from them years ago.  Now, they just sell a few firearms(I believe).  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
TZZ is IMI.

Good stuff. Shoot with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it is as good as it gets. I use it for my stash ammo. I have had it since the early 90s so it could be the same batch as yours. I concur, M193 from IMI in Israel.

I would still shoot a few rounds and be sure it's OK before making it stash ammo. Sometimes ammo has been stored improperly in the heat or buried for long periods or who knows.....That's a mighty good price for first tier IMI M193.

PigPen
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top