Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2006 11:54:24 AM EST
I recently purchased a Rifle length TROY MRF-R from Denny and installed it on my Carbine. I love it, However after a recent range session, I noticed a Buddies 2 anti rotation lugs on the top rail and mine does not. The two are on the bottom rail/ clamp but there are none for the upper receiver.
How critical is this? This rifle is and will see quite a bit of hard use.
Any advise would be appreciated.
thanks
chuck
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 12:05:05 PM EST
I can't see a troy rotating...the whole barrel nut would have to go with it, and I really don't see that happening.

I've got 2 troys, sitting on minimally torqued barrels, and I've never had them move at all.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 1:08:33 PM EST
Yea I kinda felt the same way, But if thats the case why did Troy Ind. start making them with four lugs and stress it so much in their advertising
Logically I dont see it happening but I still was wanting some more feed back.
cp
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 6:05:50 PM EST
I've two Troy rails, one from when they first came out and one that I bought just a few months ago and neither of them have lugs on the top. I have trouble imagining one being able to move unless the barrel nut comes loose with it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:56:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/29/2006 9:58:17 AM EST by eaglecp]
Thanks for the replys guys, I cant see how they would rotate either, but then why do they make such a big deal about them in their advertising, I guess thats my only hangup. I am quite happy with the set up. Just was a little dissapointed I didnt get the latest design which I asked for when I ordered.
Here she is.

chuck
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:37:02 PM EST
They are just saying that they have a tough product. Over engineered so to say. If one thing was to fail there is something else to back it up to keep you in the fight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:03:49 PM EST
Ok. I was just making sure I wasn't going to have an issue with it, thanks for everybodies help.
Top Top