Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2006 12:54:24 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Rifle length TROY MRF-R from Denny and installed it on my Carbine. I love it, However after a recent range session, I noticed a Buddies 2 anti rotation lugs on the top rail and mine does not. The two are on the bottom rail/ clamp but there are none for the upper receiver.
How critical is this? This rifle is and will see quite a bit of hard use.
Any advise would be appreciated.
thanks
chuck
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't see a troy rotating...the whole barrel nut would have to go with it, and I really don't see that happening.

I've got 2 troys, sitting on minimally torqued barrels, and I've never had them move at all.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea I kinda felt the same way, But if thats the case why did Troy Ind. start making them with four lugs and stress it so much in their advertising
Logically I dont see it happening but I still was wanting some more feed back.
cp
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've two Troy rails, one from when they first came out and one that I bought just a few months ago and neither of them have lugs on the top.  I have trouble imagining one being able to move unless the barrel nut comes loose with it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replys guys, I cant see how they would rotate either, but then why do they make such a big deal about them in their advertising, I guess thats my only hangup. I am quite happy with the set up. Just was a little dissapointed I didnt get the latest design which I asked for when I ordered.
Here she is.

chuck
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
They are just saying that they have a tough product. Over engineered so to say. If one thing was to fail there is something else to back it up to keep you in the fight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok. I was just making sure I wasn't going to have an issue with it, thanks for everybodies help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top