Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:43 PM EDT
Does anyone have any info or experience with these that they would like to share? I am about to buy my first AR, and I am looking for a combination pretty much just like these rifles.
If these are decent, I might just buy one of those instead of buying a flattop AR and a ton of accessories, and then have someone put it all together..

here is a link: TROY CQB-SPC™ carbines

Thanks a lot guys
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Troy has a good reputation for quality parts, but I haven't heard much about their complete weapons systems. I would expect them to be outstanding based off their reputation and parts, but I haven't used their complete weapon myself.

+1 and they are probably going to be pricey.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm I see, thanks a lot guys. I cant seem to find them for sale anywhere though.

Am I better off buying a flattop Bushmaster or RRA, and then have someone slap on the accessories for me? More speficic I want the midlength MX MRF, flip up front and rear sights, as well as the VLTOR clubfoot stock.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Troy has a good reputation for quality parts, but I haven't heard much about their complete weapons systems. I would expect them to be outstanding based off their reputation and parts, but I haven't used their complete weapon myself.

+1 and they are probably going to be pricey.

Actually, for all the goodies they list with them, they arent a bad deal.

Its just like ReconRules says though, the only place I've seen them is at Troy's website.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Full older Troy rifles are very hard to come by they started with POF lowers, then were built on LMT uppers and lowers, but when Troy started making tan rifles the LMTs would turn very dark compaired to the rest of the parts (Forearms, stocks, grips, sites ect..). Now they are built on CMT parts (suplied from Stag)  production of the new rifles is in progress now, If i would guess i would say they might start seeing them in a month but thats just a guess.

Steve even told me that he will be working on a ban state rifles with his midevil break and a pinned VLTOR

Here is what the color of LMTs look like. New rifles match almost perfect now.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:37:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe Stag/CMT makes the major receivers, and some other parts.

That makes them solidly built, and in agreement with others who have mentioned the quality Troy puts in their accessories.

If you wanted Troy quality, I'd go with a complete Troy rifle. Mixing is fine, but when it comes to resale, and such, you are better off complete

Here is another thread on the same topic- Requires Archive Server access
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top