Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/16/2012 4:13:53 PM EST
As the title says, which would you choose for an SBR? I have an 11.5'' that needs a light on it. Is the 300a worth the extra coin over the TLR-1?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:10:41 PM EST
I have a SF X300 and multiple M300A's. I LOVE the mini scouts.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:25:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By JimboJones1:
As the title says, which would you choose for an SBR? I have an 11.5'' that needs a light on it. Is the 300a worth the extra coin over the TLR-1?

I say it's worth it in terms of durability and brightness/throw. The M300A will also give you the tape switch option out of the box and there are many more mounting options for it. Both have good warranties but you're probably less likely to need it with the SF (yeah, yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of TLR-1 users that don't have any problems). You can routinely find them (legit) on eBay for $250 give or take.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:58:32 PM EST
Personally I would probably go for the mini scout, but I would also wait at least another month before purchasing one if possible. With Surefire's new EB1 light hitting the shelves it hopefully wont be too long before Surefire comes out with an upgraded 200 lumen M300 at which point you could get one of those or try to pick up an old stock or used M300A for a discount.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:40:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2012 10:44:47 AM EST by JimboJones1]
Is it going to be upgraded or is it speculation that it will be upgraded? Just curious.

Or is this how it has happened in the past? I mean history wise other releases similar have influenced the scout line etc?
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:07:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By JimboJones1:
Is it going to be upgraded or is it speculation that it will be upgraded? Just curious.

Or is this how it has happened in the past? I mean history wise other releases similar have influenced the scout line etc?

Its a bit of both really, Surefire has not released any info on a new scout series, but the original m600b was upgraded to the m600a with the same kl4 bezel used on their upgraded handheld 2 cell e-series lights, then the m600c came out with the same kx2c bezel found on their upgraded e2d. But there really isn't any precedence with the m300 since it is still relatively new series. However, with the mini scouts success and the popularity of the fury series combined with the history of Surefires upgrades it seems pretty likely to me. Of course there is still no guarantee that it will come out soon, if ever, but if you are not in a hurry its something to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 1:02:06 PM EST
I've already got a TLR1 sitting on the SBR truth be told so I think I will wait it out and check it out. I have a fullsize scout on my 14.5'' that I do love so the smaller one should also be another love affair.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:16:35 PM EST
Id go with the mini scout over the tlr-1 cause the ergos are more simple.
Top Top