Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2011 7:59:55 AM EDT
G2G?

I plan on running it on my G19 and maybe another one for My SRB AR.

Thoughts??
Chas
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard good and bad things about them. There are a bunch of accounts of them breaking. Some folks will come in here and tell you that "my TLR1 is running fine" but it doesn't take much looking to find lots of accounts of them going down.

Personally, I would look for an X200b if you want the same type of throw. You should be able to find one for just a few dollars more than the TLR1  if you pick over the EE. If you want a tighter beam, an X200a or X300 is a good choice, but the X200a has a lower output and the X300 is a bit more than you would like to spend more than likely, even if you are looking on the EE. I went with an X200a model because I figured it would have enough light to illuminate anything I could hit with my G17, and I wouldn't have as much of an issue with the bounce back hitting my eyes, plus it is still plenty bright enough to blind someone from across a room or hallway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
All I run is the TLR-1s on both my handgun and rifle - great light, and for $100 it's one of the very few quality lights in it's category. The problems (well actually the only one I've ever seen was a member here a while ago had the battery cover door hinge break, Streamlight made it right of course and replaced everything. It's a fantastic light and insanely bright - but doesn't wash out your own vision in the process. The C4 LED's they use are great and very efficient - you get 2.5 hours of run time. It's definitely g2g for a weapons light if your looking at dropping ~$100 for a light.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been using a TLR1 non-cree for 5 years on patrol. No complaints here its a great light.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the TLR-1 on my pistol and TLR-2 on my rifle. GTG,, no problems and when my laser went tits up, Streamlight fixed it for free,
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top