Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2007 5:20:32 AM EDT
I have an AR TIMNEY 4lb skeleton trigger that fter 40 or so rounds wont reset now...I know thi sis a common problem.  Have any of you sent it back to TIMNEY?  If so how long to fix?  I can see hwy it is happening, but I dont want to mess with it.

thanks for any info
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the Timney skeleton trigger also, and I had the same problem. After firing a round, the trigger would not reset, but I noticed that if I rotated the fire/safe selector to safe and back to fire it would fire once more. After a frustrating hour at the range, it stopped resetting even with cycling the safety selector.

When I got home, I called Timney and talked to a fella named Jason. He asked if I was mechanically inclined and willing to try letting him talk me through a fix, otherwise he was willing to repair/adjust it in-house but I'd have to ship it to them.

I tried it myself, and all it really needed was a 1/4 to 1/2 clockwise turn on a tiny set screw that is in the centerline toward the rear of the unit. It had a little blob of orange hard plastic anti-tamper stuff on the screw head, but once past that, I made the adjustment and it runs beautifully now. I assume, of course, that your 2 set screws that set tension between the trigger housing  fixture and the floor of the lower receiver are already tight.

I'm a little concerned that the missing anti-tamper material on the screw head would void my warranty down the road and nobody would believe or remember that Timney's own people suggested the self repair, but it is a lifetime warranty and I felt comfortable after talking with them that they are proud of their product and had a good customer service attitude about honoring the warranty. The anti-tamper blob looks like it could be dislodged from normal use and cleaning anyway.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
i sent mine in on 9.5, got an email on 1o.1 stating that they'd ship it back mid-week.

i still don't have my trigger back.

ap

eta here's a piece of my original response from timney, "Thank you for your inquiry. We have made a change to the trigger. If you would please go ahead and send it back to us we will install a new Teflon nickel hammer and recalibrate it." i'm not sure what the hammer had to do with the original issue.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Just don't buy one from POF because after 30 days if you have any problems you are shit out of luck. But Jason at Timny will take care of you if bought it from them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I think there is a much better solution than spending $200 for a Timney (which I love) single stage trigger.

Contact Bill Springfield at [email protected] for a 3 1/2 lb - 4 lb. single stage trigger job. Many have used him and swear by his reputaion for great single stage triggers.

Tack
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just don't buy one from POF because after 30 days if you have any problems you are shit out of luck. But Jason at Timny will take care of you if bought it from them.

i didn't get mine from pof or timney (got it from rainier) but timney treated me just the same. i'm pretty sure they will stand by their product no matter who you bought it from.

but, for the record it's the tenth and i still don't have my trigger

ap
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top