Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 12:53:41 PM EDT
I ordered some thermold mags. I was wondering if I should change the stock follower with a green follower.  Also, can someone tell me how do disassemble these Thermold mags, so I don't break them.

sspy12

FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THAT FEARS YOUR GUNS.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Maryland ar 15 site shows how to open them up to change the spring to a WOLF one ...there real easy but you can look it up there .. i wonder the sme thing on the green folower because i love the mags .... but i see no real reason for doing so ....
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Do NOT change the follower on a Thermold. 1) you don't need to. It's already the same design as the greenie for the metal mags (and where do you think the idea for the new design came from in the first place[:D]) and 2) the greenies won't fit the Thermold mag spring properly.  

Leave well enough alone.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The Thermolds do not need a change of followers since they already have an anti-tilt leg built right in.

However orange and green followers are easily modified with a file and a few minutes to fit right in and function great!

Thanks,

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top