Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 10:58:18 AM EDT
I need to install a TangoDown Vertical foregrip on an ARMS SIR 50M bottom removable rail.
Obviously, it's not a direct fit.  The TangoDown grip is a Mil-1913 rail fit.
My question.... will the TangoDown grip fit on an ARMS  #17DR which can be mounted on the bottom SIR rail?  
Anyone tried this?
I hate to order a $70-80 mount and not be sure if it will work with this grip. I'm not sure about side clearance either.
Or do I need to break out the trusty file set and "custom-fit" the grip to the lower rail?
Thanks mucho in advance.
J
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny you mention that...I just used a rubber mallet and a buddy to get it on a Fulton Armory railed forend. I checked it on a Yankee Hill, and it was the same deal.  

It's on there now, and it'll take and act of Congress to get it off.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I second that !! Dremel, or just get a better Rail like a Larue that is MIL SPEC
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
rubber mallet and break free clp,,

agreed, an act of congress is the only way that its comming off, rock solid
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
File down on the top, inside corners of the grip.

My TD grip goes on/off my SIR rails smooth and tight with no difficulties.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, thank you !

The grip is now on... and fits great.

Having installed this beast , I can say that the correct method is 'E' all of the above.

I took a file and cut down the inside top edges until the grip would slide over the back end of the rail and tapped it forward using a rubber mallet.  But when I installed the rail strip to the bottom of the SIR handguard , the grip's inside wedged against the lower handguard, not allowing the SIR strip to sit flush on the bottom of the SIR lower guard.   So, out comes the dremel with an old worn-out cutting disc. I cutoff about 1/16" on the inside of the top of the grip where it touched the handguard.
Screwed the rail strip down, tapped the grip forward, covering the rear screw and it clicked into place.  Perfect fit now.
Thank you  gentlemen for all the good suggestions!  I needed them all.
I'm relatively new to posting here, but have been shooting, banging, grinding and tapping on AR's and M-16's for 27 years now. The more I learn , the more I realize how little I know about some of the newer accoutrements!
Thanks, Jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top