Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 12:44:13 AM EDT
Hey,

Has anyone experiences about TDI Amrs bipods? Everybody recomends Harris.
I am going to put it on 16" carbine with DD M4 9,5" Rail.

Thanks in advance

"Jake"
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I lost interest in TDI, because their 'Dealers' don't provide info about TDI bipods on their websites...i received an email response from TDI listed below:

In responding to your interest on TDI-ARMS Bi-Pods standard length, the
weight of the Bi-Pods is 1 pound, the length is 8.5 inches and you can
enlarge it to 11.5 inches. The Bi-pods attached to your weapon by standard
picattiny rail adaptor. We sand all our products by Fed-Ex.
Please call me if you have any other question.

Sincerely,

Eldad Oz
TDI-ARMS USA
(212)594-4613
(917)-400-0432
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
For what its worth....I'd go with a Harris all day long!  Using a swivel stud the bipod can be attached to various weapons with just a little effort.  The Harris looks cool as shit too...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
if you're looking for a bipod without exposed springs, maybe check out B Square..it appears to mount in about the same way that Harris does (they both require a separate attachment device for pic rails)..if you don't mind investing some more $$$s, GG&G ($150+) and Troy ($225+) make nice looking bipods, and they attach directly to pic rails..after 31 days, 4+ phone calls and final demand email with follow up snail mail letter, GG&G says they shipped my bipod today  *fingers crossed*
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do you need a bipod?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a TDI and tossed it.
Did not like it at all. Wanted to see if I like the harris style so I picked up one similar to the harris from shooters ridge and one of the samco swivel mounts.
And I like it a lot.
I wouldn't recommend a TDI. Mine ratteled considerably when when you rotated the legs down and just didn't feel solid to me. To mount it to a rail it had a screw and a nut.
It wasn't easily removable at all.
w50g
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
To shoot faster and more accurately from distances 100 up.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Try using a sling.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:22:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I keep loosing to bipod men in competitions, I think it must be because of the bipod  ;) They shoot with bipods lieing on the ground and over obstacles.

They can change targets (from same position) more rapidly and shoot faster on same targets even it takes more time to change postitions and go down.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll guaranty that if you put a highpower shooter with a sling up against somebody with a tripod, the sling will win. The sling keeps the rifle steady and pulled into your shoulder, making it one with your body. The bipod is just a portable sandbag. Granted, the nut behind the butt has a lot to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately highpower slings are pretty much useless for anything else that one would need a sling for.  For any type of competition that requires movement or transitioning to a sidearm, a highpower sling would be hinderance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]
In our kind competitions sometimes you have to start without your rifle. It has to be next to you on the ground or against a wall. I think it would take too much time to put the sling on and I can't see how it could help in the prone position. If you adjust it tight when you stand, you can't get down or the sling moves up, so it doesn't pull the rifle anymore.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]
just received the GG&G bipod..the wait was worth it !  integral pic rail mount secured with thumb turn, extremely sturdy construction throughout..push lever in to swivel legs up/down by hand <-- no ~cha ching~ sound from a spring when legs are opened or closed..another thumb turn allows legs to drop for leg extensions...can't do photos yet, still waiting on DD9.5FSP to arrive..probably the only close competitor to GG&G bipod is the Troy bipod for another 50% more
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Harris on my Varminter.  I absolutly love the thing.

-Tyler
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think it would take too much time to put the sling on and I can't see how it could help in the prone position.

First part is true only if you don't practice getting slung up quickly.

Second part, I can tell you've never tried it.  It makes a HUGE difference in stability.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]
i am both a sling and bipod fan - if you are going to buy a bipod, harris is good for the money, the only complaint i have is that there are no measurements on the legs - (i would prefer ruler style on a side so you can have both legs set to a fairly exact length.  They might have added that to them, i have no idea.

Slings are awesome, depends on the rifle.  My bolt action has a bipod and a 1in, leather, old school military sling and my M1A SPR has a bipod with the same MIL carry sling as my bolt and my M4 has no bipod and a single-point silent-clasp nylon sling.  I use the bipods(all of them are Harris Model L Standar Series 9-13in version) when ill be on the ground for a long time, and the slings when im in motion.

There are three versions of the Harris you can buy(i just checked around) - The standard(the one i own) has no leg increments and does not swivel.  The M Series has Leg Notches but does not swivel.  And finally the S series has the swivel but no leg notches.  

I would suggest an S series because the swivel is nice to have once you plant those two legs in the dirt.  

my .52(that post ended up being a whole hell of a lot longer than i had wanted it to be, sorry)

AA
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top