Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2002 1:08:26 PM EDT
any opinions on these. Tasco currently is not making the optima but I know where I can get one. I cant find a page for the Doctor sight. I am thinking about mounting it on a 870 (NEW TOY). Are they sturdy enough for a 12ga?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]
arizona gunrunners also has them, and the various mounts. I am 80% likely to be up that way this weekend, and I want to see what they are like.

http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/doctoroptics/doctoroptics.html

SIEGE
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the links. The Doctor would seem to be more durable since its not plastic. Will it fit an Optima mount?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The Docter is one tough sight.  I put one through quite an ordeal a few months back and it stood up to everything that was thrown it's way.  I don't believe the mounts are interchangable from the Optima to the Docter, however, there are plenty of mounts available for the Docter.  

I have every confidence that it will stand up to the recoil of a 12GA shotgun.  That little thing can take a serious beating and keep right on going.  I think you'll find that it is one of the best dot sights out there.

After testing and evaluating the model I was sent, I bought one without hesitation.  Worth the money, every penny.  Mine now sits atop my shorty M4.  It is also somewhat compatible with NVG's.

My two cents.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:06:08 AM EDT
[#5]
BoTach (http://www.botachtactical.com/) has a good price on them. I bought one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Tasco's out of business.  I would not recommend getting one of their sights since their lifetime warranty was only in effect while the company was alive.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top