Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2004 1:11:17 PM EDT
I got my first order in the mail the other day. I noticed that the coating on the magazines feel a bit tacky.

My question is, is this normal or am I supposed to clean them first? Just wondering if this "tackyness" will present any problems. Never had NIW mags before!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
what do you mean by tackyness???
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what do you mean by tackyness???

They feel a little sticky to the touch. The coating seems to be dry.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It goes away if you wipe them down with CLP then wipe the CLP off.  I think its just a preservative from the factory.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool. I'll try that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine today they feel the same . You know what fuck it's brand new shit for only $11.95
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got mine too, but isn't the tacky coating the teflon? I don't think we are supposed to be removing the coating.  I think it's tacky to the touch but slick against metal.   In my humble opinion.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top