Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 9:24:39 AM EST
In the interest of stopping an exodeus of professional users from ARF I would like to suggest a compromise.
Using strick909's very astute comments I have suggested a TACPOINT FAQ to be stickied so we may reduce the signal to noise ratio here

So children, what have we learned?
#1 tacpoints are not "as good as" aimpoints
#2 tacpoints are made in China and have a blue ring on them.
#3 Va_ is not as funny as kisara
#4 posting under a fake name is never a good idea
#5 Don't call people names. Calling someone "gear queer" is as bad as "airsofter" and they are both as bad as "a-hole"
#6 KevinB is not a poser. He is/ was in Afganastan risking his ass for our freedom to post this crap on the internet without fear of being blown up by terrorist. Thank you KevinB!
#7 Lumpy likes Aimpoints better than EOTechs, and EOTechs better than Tacpoints.
#8 New-arguy is pretty much fed up with all of us and ready to start an ACOG only forum.
#9 Don't mess with the beekeeper or you will get run.
#10 SMGLee was smart enough to stay out of any of these threads.

Now after PM'ing with AIMLESS I really think this will be the only way to get "closure" on the HAKKOGATE issue.

I would suggest that FALARAK and other with experience with the sight inc C4I Grants knowldegde of the history be posted here and then this distilled into a FAQ and posted as a sticky.

Fair Enough?

Kevin

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:40:19 AM EST
On behalf of the tacpoint tribe I accept this broken arrow from the aimpoint tribe. There shall be peace. As long as the grass shall grow and rivers flow.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:43:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 9:50:11 AM EST by Aimless]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:38:36 AM EST
Let me know if I can help. I think it is very important that anyone assuming that just because it looks like an Aimpoint, it will work as well as an Aimpoint. Well, I have a tacpoint mounted to my 9mm AR, and son, it aint no Aimpoint. But, the tacpoint is a viable alternitive to the other Hakko, BSA, and whatever brand cheap red dots out there. I have no problem pointing out the negitives as well as the positives of this sight.

Oh yeah, FREE VA_DINGER! (But not IPSTANDING)
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:42:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 11:43:53 AM EST by Hokie]
I heard they were coming out with a Tacpoint Magnifier, is this true?

I love the FAQ's....let it ride! Excellent post KevinB!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:50:02 AM EST
I managed to make the blue ring come loose!!!!! Bump fire with an AK. It is still going though.

Can I get part of that there broken arrow? I think I got one of the parts from a BSA laser stuck in my teeth.
Top Top