Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:17:01 AM EDT
I'm looking for a scope for a 7.62 rifle. I like the 4X ACOG, but want something with a little more eye relief. What are your opinions on the TA648 and TA55? Are the increased magnification and eye relief worth the extra cost and weight? Can you use an A.R.M.S. ACOG mount with them? Is the 5.5X and 6X too much magnification for fast target aquisition? Would I be better off getting an adjustable mag scope?
Thanks,
Dustin
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a scope for a 7.62 rifle. I like the 4X ACOG, but want something with a little more eye relief. What are your opinions on the TA648 and TA55? Are the increased magnification and eye relief worth the extra cost and weight? Can you use an A.R.M.S. ACOG mount with them? Is the 5.5X and 6X too much magnification for fast target aquisition? Would I be better off getting an adjustable mag scope?
Thanks,
Dustin

Both the 5x and 6x ACOGs are too big for a rifle IMO.  We use the 6X on our crew serve weapon systems.  You can get so much more for the weight/size out of a variable power scope.  For the price you'd pay for a 6x or 5x you could get a very nice scope/mount setup.  If you must have an ACOG, I'd stick w/ the 4x due to dimensional concerns.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Eye-relief you say?  What is the TA11 equivalent for 7.62?  You might also want to checkout the TA33-9 (but it's only 3x).
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Both the 5x and 6x ACOGs are too big for a rifle

The TA55 is big, but not too big for an accurate AR, plus the low light is superb.
For me, at least, BAC works exceptionally well with the big ACOG.

The TA11C is an excellent choice as well, but only 3.5X.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top