Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2004 1:05:43 PM EDT
I tried posting this in the AR10 forum, but there is just not much traffic there.  Well, I just ordered one through my local shop. They said approx. 25 weeks. This is my first scope for any of my rifles. I was just wondering what some of you that have used them or own them can tell me what to expect when I get my hands on it Oh, and by the way it's going on my AR10A4 20". Thanks

John

Link Posted: 4/28/2004 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one for my .223. Love it. It will be bigger than you expect. I was surprised when mine arrived at how long it is. It was worth the money I paid for it, I'm not sure about it rangefinding out to 800 meters but I have shoot out to 500 successfully. 25 weeks is a long time to wait, I'm not sure I could wait that long. I ordered mine from Mansfield Arms fron New Hampshire, He had then in stock. (last June) Had it in a week. Good luck and hope it gets to  you early.

Burl1
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
25 weeks?? dammmn.. you must be a very patient person considering most people here has been spoiled by MSTN, Grant and others. Did you try other places?
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 4:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Honestly, these are HUGE, heavy scopes.  Granted, they are tough, but it's an awful lot of money to spend, and due to the high magnification (and the weight), you will be pretty slow moving from target to target because of the small field of view.  I honestly think a 3x9 Trijicon AccuPoint is a better fit.  It's smaller, lighter, still has the BAC feature, and can be cranked down to 3x for carry or up to 9x for a long shot (or bench shooting).

-Troy

I know.........
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]
25 weeks? man oh man.

Have you thought about checking EE? I would hazard to guess at least 3 of them, even in .308 reticle, will pass thru there in the next month. And you will probably get a price break!

Psssst, dont tell anybody, but I got mine in EE for $400.00!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...you will be pretty slow moving from target to target because of the small field of view.

-Troy

I thought the BAC was supposed to eliminate this effect?  Both eyes open, Floating chevron on target, switch to looking through the ACOG adjust and engage.  Isn't that how it works at any magnification?

Sure the sheer size will make it slower, but we are talking about an AR10 here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
25 weeks? man oh man.

Have you thought about checking EE? I would hazard to guess at least 3 of them, even in .308 reticle, will pass thru there in the next month. And you will probably get a price break!

Psssst, dont tell anybody, but I got mine in EE for $400.00!!!!  hr

I know this might be a stupid question but what is "EE" hinking.gif
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#10]
E-quipment E-xchange...buy sell & trade...upper right hand button on the bar at the top of your screen...do it...do it now!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
E-quipment E-xchange...buy sell & trade...upper right hand button on the bar at the top of your screen...do it...do it now! hr

I should known better!!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top