Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 6:19:22 AM EDT
Has anyone mounted a TA31, none  "F" model on a flat top, and had trouble zeroing it in. I Found a 31 at a good price but it was marked for a Carry Handle installation. After a call to Trijicon Customer Service, they said the 31 was set for a Carry Handle installation and that I would have problems zeroing it and would have decraesed performance beyond two hundred meters, not that I plan I shooting 200 meters with a 14.5 in barrel, but after what this thing cost, I want one that's right.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a TA31 on a flatop - works great.

I won the 300m deliberate at our this years nationals using it.

There is a very slim difference - check out the ACOG BCD thread...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a TA31 on a flatop - works great.

I won the 300m deliberate at our this years nationals using it.

There is a very slim difference - check out the ACOG BCD thread...

Which reticle?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]
TA-31 -> Donut of Death...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
TA-31 -> Donut of Death...

I second that donut of death....

I use my TA31 out to 500 meter on a flat top and it is dead on with XM193...

Matt Carper

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Check the tacked thread above called "The Big ACOG BDC Chart" for all the variations you can think of regarding ACOGs on different barrels and mounting heights; you'll see you can mount one the way you like in most cases with just a little adaptation to the reticle's specs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top