Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:56:59 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster 16" M4 type upper with the A3 flattop receiver. Ihave an ARMS #40 BUIS under a TA01NSN. The TA01NSN has the flattop adapter (as supplied with the scope.) When I mounted the optic I found it hung up on the BUIS and could not fully seat on the receiver. I ended up having to shim the TA01NSN so everything would fit just right. Is this normal? Anyone else run into this problem? Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the problem too. It touched the NSN ever so slightly. I solved it by getting an ARMS 19S for the ACOG. It cleared fine after that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I knid of have the same issue, I have a TA31F(mounted on the TA51)over a ARMS #40.  I just put the ACOG foward one slot,  I still get plenty of eye releif, and the #40 is mounted where I zeroed it.  I called ARMS and asked if a #19 or 19S would allow the ACOG to sit a bit higher and further to the rear, they thouht not.  So I'm staying with the TA51 mount for now.  The rear of the TA31F and the back of the #40 ARMS BUIS are about the same.  Hope this helps.

http://home.comcast.net/~cws357/TA31F_002.jpg
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks very much for the input, guys. I appreciate it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top