Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2007 1:43:46 PM EDT
Does anyone here have a TA01NSN 4x32 ACOG?

How do you like it?
How is the eye relief? (Very important)
How is it up close (before 50m)
Is it easy to take the rear BUIS off and replace it with a J-Point or Doctor optic?
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

How do you like it?
Is it easy to take the rear BUIS off and replace it with a J-Point or Doctor optic?

Alot

Short, but not horribly so.

25 yards and farther it is nice.  I wouldn't use it for closer then that.

Very easy.  IMHO I took off the rear apperature since I never use it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 8:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't deal with the eye relief and sold mine, never regretted it either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The 01 is a good scope, but the 31 is much better.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I like mine a lot. I am aware of its abilities and limitations and I work around them. It is an overall great scope.

The eye relief is short, and it has been a non-issue for me.

With training it can be used well inside of 50m. It is not as effective as an Aimpoint type optic at 50m and in however. One field expedient way to make it better for CQB is to put the front scope cover over the lens occluding it, while leaving the rear lens open. This makes it into an occluded eye red dot. It works pretty well.

I use the magnified optic except for bad breath distance like 10 yards or closer. Then the iron sights get used. There are many people that use the magnified optic at close ranges too though. It just takes some getting used to, and it reduces the field of view.

I haven't bothered to take off the rear sight, so I can't tell you how difficult it is to do. It looks pretty simple.

The Acog is a great optic. If your job is to kick down doors and the longest shot you wil be taking is 10 yards then I wouldn't recommend it. In most other situations it excels.

Are you thinking of buying one for yourself? What will it be used for? What kind of rifle are you putting it on? What kind of ammo do you shoot?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I to not like the yellow center it washout for me on light gray objects.  I feel there are a lot better ACOGS out there.

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks
What Do You Think Of Cs Gunworks?
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS.com

Me not like either!
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]
double tap
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are you thinking of buying one for yourself? What will it be used for? What kind of rifle are you putting it on? What kind of ammo do you shoot?  

Yes.
Casual shooting.
M4.
62gr and 55gr FMJ.

I want another M4 and I already have one with an Aimpoint but now I want one with an ACOG.

Eta

Doesn't the TA01NSN have the same eye relief as the TA31/TA31RCO?

I see them being used in Iraq/Afghanistan a lot.  TA01NSN that is, as well as the TA31.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I am also interested in this scope.  I would like to hear some comparisons to the ta31.  I see it doesn't have day time illumination.  Is that the only difference?  Does this optic have a place on a Precision AR15?  How accurate is it at say 400 yards?  
Thanks Guys
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am also interested in this scope.  I would like to hear some comparisons to the ta31.  I see it doesn't have day time illumination.  Is that the only difference?  Does this optic have a place on a Precision AR15?  How accurate is it at say 400 yards?  
Thanks Guys

Well I believe it would be more precise at longer ranges because it isn't a triangle, donut, chevron, ect.  It is a normal X-hair, which is why I want one.

Eta

And I also like the fact that it isn't always illuminated (if it doesn't have to be, it is only illuminated in low light amber).
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
love mine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I really didn't like the eye relief and it was never focused right for my poor eye sight. The amber was pointless if you don't have night vision. It was a great scope that I sold last weekend at the gunshow.

Next, I will be buying an aimpoint just to see how I like it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#13]
We use ours for combat marksmanship competition and won the nationals last year with them.  Shoot with them out to 600 yards up to 25 yards.  Works very well.  We usually take off the rear sight and leave it off.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:

How do you like it?
I love mine.

It has never been an issue for me, although now that I think about it, it is not all that much.

Fine. That is what the BUIS is for. I like my EoTech for CQB better, but this plays a different role.

I was not aware that it could come off. If you want to use one of those sights then get another ACOG and a little 45° angled side mount for the BUIS.

ETA: I looked into this today and it seems it comes off easily and can be replaced with either a J-point or Doctor sight. Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I have one and find the reticle way to busy.

Prfer the TA31 & TA47 both over the TA01's
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have one and find the reticle way to busy.

Prfer the TA31 & TA47 both over the TA01's

Yes if I were to ever get an ACOG I now made up my mind, it will be the TA31 with the chevron.  It is amazing to look through it, open both eyes and boom you are closer up (at least for me I can get it to work).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top