Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/19/2009 6:44:16 AM EST
I'm bulding 2 new uppers (.223 & .204). I really don't want to buy 2 high end scopes. So this is what I'm thinking. Buy LaRue's LT-104 (QD SPR/M4 mount) and switch the scope between the 2 Spike uppers. I will be able to record the zero setting, using Mil-dot turrets, for each upper/caliber, so I should be able to get good repeatability by using the LaRue mount... right? Anyone done something similar? Any unforseen problems. I welcome any and all comments.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:48:58 AM EST
Sounds like a pain in you know what ...to me.
I can understand your reasoning and I'm sure others do it.
However, for me I'd opt for two less expensive optics permanently(or QD) mounted on each upper.
That's just me though. Good luck. I'm interested to see what others say or do.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:52:15 AM EST
That's the point... I don't want it to be a pain int the ass. That said, I'm only considering this because I continually hear the Larue LT-104 QD mount provides a high level of repeatability.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:07:53 AM EST
The 104 is substantially repeatable, and quality optics should be as well. If you keep close track of the respective DOPE's than it should work OK, but that won't make it any less of a PITA.

FWIW, I swap my D-740 with QD mount on multiple platforms, but most of the swapping is multiple designated optics on a given platform. The optic on my primary hunting rifle never gets touched.
Top Top