Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 12:36:36 PM EDT
If you could buy them in the US ( don´t know if some dealers sell tem) try this sort of ammo.
It is swiss army standard ammo ( Gewehrpatrone 90)   and a special load for the SIG 550 assault rifle. It has a 63grs FMJBT bullet and produces 960 meters per second and best of all : it´s highly accurate out of 1/9 barrels. I´m able to fire 19 mm groups at 100 meters ( Versa-Pod on the ground 10 shot , wind slightly right 3km/h) . The groups open up to 42mm at 250 and in the best case 61 at 350 meters. I don´t know what you get, but this is the most accurate 5,56x45 factory load at payable price I ever fired. They cost here 300Euro per 1000 rounds and thats cheap in comparison to Hirthenberger ( 1Euro per shot ) and PMC 55grs ( 0.69 Euro per shot ; 1 Euro = 1.18$)
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
They were (or still are?) available from ammoman for a while, and everybody pretty much agreed that it is one accurate round. As a target round it was superb, but not so good as a defensive round, as it is made intentionally NOT to fragment.

But from the target shooting point of view, the stuff, if still available, makes for one heck of a good buy.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top