Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2004 10:19:42 AM EST
I've read all these threads, and I know this subject is being beaten like a dead horse, but some of these threads have me confused.

If I buy the Fiberite Six Position Telescoping Stock Assembly from Bushmaster for my Bushmaster postban after the sunset, what exactly do I need? I am of course assuming that that assembly is complete, in that it has the buffer tube and all the other goodies that extend rearward from the receiver. The big reason I'm confused after reading al these other posts is that people refer to spec and non-spec tubes, and stock rattle. I know what stock I want, but is there something else I need to be looking at (besides the wrench)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:48:37 AM EST
Save some money. Buy one below. They're the same as the Bushmaster.
Legal-Transfers
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:57:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 11:48:20 AM EST by Fallschirmjager]
So is the RRA Buttstock this guy is offering is the same as the Bushmaster? I mean, what is fiberlite? I'm starting to wonder if there is one or two manufacturers who supply all these gun makers with the same furniture.

--EDIT

I spoke to Pete (thanks for the link) and he answered all these questions for me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:48:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By Fallschirmjager:
So is the RRA Buttstock this guy is offering is the same as the Bushmaster?

Yes. Only difference is the markings - it either says RRA or Bushmaster. The unmarked ones are nice for BM owners who don't want to pay the high markup of a BM stock, but also don't want their stock to say RRA. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I mean, what is fiberlite?

I've always thought fiberlite meant the older, plastic, non-ribbed CAR style stocks.
The newer telestocks are referred to as M4-type, or ribbed.

I'm starting to wonder if there is one or two manufacturers who supply all these gun makers with the same furniture.

Not sure, but that seems to be the case with the M4-type stocks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:02:09 PM EST
All you need is the wrench. You should order it at the same time as you order your other parts and save on the shipping. The wrench shouldn't be very much unless you get on of the wrenches that does everything, which may good a good investment if you are serious about AR15s. The "do-all" wrench should run $30 or so, and you can use it to change stocks, barrels, FS etc..
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:16:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:03:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By Troy:
You need to make sure you are getting the "carbine" (well, really "short buffer system", but that's what most people call it) buffer and spring.

-Troy

The Legal Transfers comes complete, I just installed mine and love it.. I purchased the wrench as well..
Top Top