Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/20/2003 8:37:56 PM EDT
I recently bought my first AR, a Bushy. It came with a 10-round mag, which has one of the green followers. Is there any reason I shouldn't put the green follower into one of my used GI mags that have the older followers? And then put the old follower into the 10-round mag? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:42:06 PM EDT
What ever blows yer skirt up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:10:34 PM EDT
If it's one of the new Bushy 10 round mags with the plastic pins sticking out the sides, you won't get it apart without destroying it. Spend a buck and get a new green follower for your used GIs.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:39:51 PM EDT
There are two black plastic pins sticking out of the sides of the mag, about 3/4" up from the bottom. I might add that the 10-rounder is the same size as a normal GI 20-rounder. So, avoid this swap?? Even if it "blows my skirt up" (thanks for that helpful response).
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:07:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:45:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EndGame: There are two black plastic pins sticking out of the sides of the mag, about 3/4" up from the bottom. I might add that the 10-rounder is the same size as a normal GI 20-rounder. So, avoid this swap?? Even if it "blows my skirt up" (thanks for that helpful response).
View Quote
I apologize for what seemed like a smart assed comment. I assumed that you were aware of the problem with the Bushmaster magazines (as stated on their website "Note: Due to BATF's requirements, this magazine cannot be disassembled. Any attempt to do so will destroy the magazine."), but that you had figured a way around it. This was my mistake.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:18:29 PM EDT
Hoppy: I probably over-reacted, too, sorry. And no, I thought I'd read the whole Bushy website but I missed the part about the magazines. Of course, even if I'd read it, I just would have regarded it as a greater challenge...
Top Top