BCM
Member Login

SwampFox Optics (Page 71 of 75)
Page / 75
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:32:51 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By evofxdwg:
Hey Mike

I got my Sentinel in November. Couldn't get the EL adjusted to point of hit (at 5 yds with a rest) and the screw was much harder to turn than the az screw. Thought I mounted it wrong so removed and remounted (over 2 trips to the range) and made sure it looked level, no gaps, waterproof spacer is on correctly. Then I discovered it was already near a stop so no adjustment left. Then I discovered it wouldn't go more than 2 turns the other way - so I think the el screw thread is buggered out of the box.

Short story long I got an RMA and returned it. You guys received it Dec 29 I think and opened case #1832 showing "defective elevation".
Status today still shows "awaiting processing".

I liked all the features and function on my new Hellcat (except for the defective el ). I may get another of some brand if its going to be a while.

Whats the prognosis/prediction for getting it or a replacement back? (Case #1832).

PS: I forgot to put the manual in the return box and have it here. I don't need another.
View Quote

Oh, we're waiting for you to return the manual before we can do anything.

Just kidding, wouldn't that be terrible?

In the future, if you ever need to, you can just ask the customer service team directly via logging into your customer service case at https://swampfoxoptics.supportsync.com/

I pinged the CS team and your replacement optic is on the truck already. I'm gonna send the tracking number to you in a personal message, if I post it here than all of Arfcom can watch the delivery process and eventually figure out a good idea of where you live. I wouldn't do that to ya.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:12:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By That_Guy_Mike:

Oh, we're waiting for you to return the manual before we can do anything.

Just kidding, wouldn't that be terrible?

In the future, if you ever need to, you can just ask the customer service team directly via logging into your customer service case at https://swampfoxoptics.supportsync.com/

I pinged the CS team and your replacement optic is on the truck already. I'm gonna send the tracking number to you in a personal message, if I post it here than all of Arfcom can watch the delivery process and eventually figure out a good idea of where you live. I wouldn't do that to ya.
View Quote

Thanks! Got it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:09:15 PM EST
Are the Kingslayers good to go on AK’s?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:16:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By scarecrow87:
View Quote

They are small, but on a riser would work on an AK. They seem to stand up to the recoil of being mounted on a pistol slide.

Can you use them as a hammer, or drop a loaded gun on one from 6 feet up, well no. But then again neither do any other optic in it’s price range.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:45:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:

They are small, but on a riser would work on an AK. They seem to stand up to the recoil of being mounted on a pistol slide.

Can you use them as a hammer, or drop a loaded gun on one from 6 feet up, well no. But then again neither do any other optic in it’s price range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The main worry is heat from an Ultimak
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:37:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:

View All Quotes

What about if it’s mounted on a TWS dust cover?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:11:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/22/2021 11:12:43 AM EST by That_Guy_Mike]

View Quote

I run a Justice on an Ultimak. Frankly I don't have enough 5.45 stashed to rapid fire it enough to melt it. You would spent more money in ammo melting the Kingslayer than it cost you to buy the optic. Skip to about 12:20:

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:39:45 AM EST
Mike,

I have a newly built AR 22 LR w/ dedicated upper 20" Barrel with 15" hand guard. What would you suggest for optics for mostly 100 yard and in plinking and varmint hunting?

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:37:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By FRB1960:
Mike,

I have a newly built AR 22 LR w/ dedicated upper 20" Barrel with 15" hand guard. What would you suggest for optics for mostly 100 yard and in plinking and varmint hunting?

View Quote

I think you could get a lot of work done with the 3x Trihawk when they come back into stock. Get the MOA version so you can figure out your holds because .22 will drop a bit even inside 100 yards. Not too heavy or bulky and the 3x magnification is great from 30-200 yards or so.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:10:43 PM EST

I run a Justice on an Ultimak. Frankly I don't have enough 5.45 stashed to rapid fire it enough to melt it. You would spent more money in ammo melting the Kingslayer than it cost you to buy the optic. Skip to about 12:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG66RLWSHDM
View Quote

Very nice, still deciding what I want to put on my AK (Still at the gunsmith..)
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:44:14 PM EST

View Quote

Don't tell anyone but, next month we are going to do a "virtual SHOT Show" near the end of the month, a series of livestream videos made at our HQ showing off new stuff in the same way that we normally would at our SHOT Show booth. I'm going to have special guests and show off one of a kind prototypes-- including the 1.5x prism which was designed from the start to work great with AKs using the industry standard T1 microdot footprint. I'll be running mine on an RS Regulate mount. It's just the prototype stage and there's a lot of optic and reticle testing still to do but, I'm already getting excited. It's going to be a legit option for AK guys and hopefully compete in that market space vs optics like the really good 1x and 2x prisms that my old friends at Primary Arms are launching.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:33:36 PM EST

Don't tell anyone but, next month we are going to do a "virtual SHOT Show" near the end of the month, a series of livestream videos made at our HQ showing off new stuff in the same way that we normally would at our SHOT Show booth. I'm going to have special guests and show off one of a kind prototypes-- including the 1.5x prism which was designed from the start to work great with AKs using the industry standard T1 microdot footprint. I'll be running mine on an RS Regulate mount. It's just the prototype stage and there's a lot of optic and reticle testing still to do but, I'm already getting excited. It's going to be a legit option for AK guys and hopefully compete in that market space vs optics like the really good 1x and 2x prisms that my old friends at Primary Arms are launching.
View Quote

A day after I ordered a few Kingslayers, you tell me this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:44:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/22/2021 5:50:13 PM EST by alaskas]

A day after I ordered a few Kingslayers, you tell me this.
View Quote

Well, you got them on sale, so .....

Did you not think that maybe they would have new products coming? Like every firearms related company for the past how many decades?

Look at it as an opportunity to buy more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:08:53 PM EST

View All Quotes

Looking forward to it, I was eying their Micro 1x/3x, but I'm keeping an open mind.

I'm definitely excited to see you guys coming along/releasing new things.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:46:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By alaskas:

Well, you got them on sale, so .....

Did you not think that maybe they would have new products coming? Like every firearms related company for the past how many decades?

Look at it as an opportunity to buy more.
View Quote

Hahaha, of course! I’m looking forward to it
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:50:24 AM EST

I think you could get a lot of work done with the 3x Trihawk when they come back into stock. Get the MOA version so you can figure out your holds because .22 will drop a bit even inside 100 yards. Not too heavy or bulky and the 3x magnification is great from 30-200 yards or so.
View Quote

Thank you Mike, watched some video reviews on the 3x Trihawk today. It looks great. Any idea on lead time?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:28:45 PM EST

View Quote

This should be good for (proper reticle and all) 300 BLK as well...?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:37:10 PM EST

View All Quotes

@That_Guy_Mike, thoughts on that 1.5 on an Ultimak M1 carbine rail?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:16:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/23/2021 3:32:04 PM EST by That_Guy_Mike]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

View Quote

Nope. It'll have a pretty standard eye relief of 3.5 inches, because it's gonna have a very wide field of view. A scout scope requires you to double the eye relief, which means cutting your FOV by roughly double too, which is why scout scopes are like shooting while looking through a drinking straw, which is why scout scopes suck.

For that application I would probably go with one of these Leupolds, but... they still aren't great.

So just looking at these two optics at 1.5x magnification:

Swampfox 1.5x Mohawk Eye Relief 3.5 inches
Leupold Freedom Scout Eye Relief 6.9 inches

Leupold's eye relief is almost, not quite, double ours.

Swampfox 1.5x Mohawk FOV 105.8 ft at 100y
Leupold Freedom Scout FOV 41.5 ft at 100y

On the low end at 1.5x you get a FOV of 41.5 ft at 100 yards. So in exchange for almost doubling eye relief, the Freedom Scout has 39.2% of our field of view when you're actually looking through it. Womp womp sad trombone. Maybe one day we'll try to tackle the challenges of scout scopes but for now we can't really figure out a way to make the juice worth the squeeze on 'em.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:04:41 PM EST

Nope. It'll have a pretty standard eye relief of 3.5 inches, because it's gonna have a very wide field of view. A scout scope requires you to double the eye relief, which means cutting your FOV by roughly double too, which is why scout scopes are like shooting while looking through a drinking straw, which is why scout scopes suck.

For that application I would probably go with one of these Leupolds, but... they still aren't great.

On the low end at 1.5x you get a FOV of 41.5 ft at 100 yards. So in exchange for almost doubling eye relief, the Freedom Scout has 39.2% of our field of view when you're actually looking through it. Womp womp sad trombone. Maybe one day we'll try to tackle the challenges of scout scopes but for now we can't really figure out a way to make the juice worth the squeeze on 'em.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Sounds like a red dot is about the only option.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:56:30 AM EST
Mike, any chance we can get more details on the 1.5x? I need to know if I should start saving my money.

Size/weight comparable to the TA44?
What will the reticle be like? Similar to the Blade or something new?
I assume it will also work with 5.56?

Im very interested in a 1.5x prism that uses T2 mounts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:07:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/24/2021 3:07:54 PM EST by Boil]
Well, we now know it will be called the "Mohawk", it has a standard 3.5" eye relief, and has a 105.8' FOV @ 100 yards...!

Since the reticle is designed for 7.62x39, it should be good for 300 BLK as well...?

Would love to place one on top of my 300 BLK AR Pistol...!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:46:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Boil:
Well, we now know it will be called the "Mohawk", it has a standard 3.5" eye relief, and has a 105.8' FOV @ 100 yards...!

Since the reticle is designed for 7.62x39, it should be good for 300 BLK as well...?

Would love to place one on top of my 300 BLK AR Pistol...!
View Quote

The Reticle is BRC with close quarter holds like the Blade. We aren't going to a BDC in a 1.5x for 7.62x39 / 300BLK, do you have any idea how close the aiming points would be? It would be like the PA Cyclops where there's a "BDC" built into the chevron aiming point, but the chevron itself is so small it looks like a squiggle to me to begin with. And since it's a prism it's not like you can put a 3x magnifier behind it to zoom in further, you're stuck at 1.5x no matter what.

We probably won't ever do a dedicated 7.62 / 300 BDC in anything at all because they don't sell well at all. Don't ask me how I know. I really think it's better to do the math for YOUR rifle and go MOA / MRAD for the reticle for those calibers, there are too many variables and the rounds drop too quickly-- it's pretty hard to make a BDC that satisfactorily lines up with different barrel lengths, different loadings, etc. compared to 5.56 which is such a high velcocity, flat shooting round that you have a lot more wiggle room in a BDC to call it "good enough" and get hits at medium range.

I know, I know... not what you wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:35:36 AM EST
Not having much luck with the search function so hoping someone can direct me to the pages of this thread that have discussions about the SwampFox Blade.  I'm considering it for my 8.5" AR9 as an HD weapon/speed steel/general range fun.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:01:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/25/2021 7:01:43 PM EST by Boil]

The Reticle is BRC with close quarter holds like the Blade.

I really think it's better to do the math for YOUR rifle and go MOA / MRAD for the reticle for those calibers...

I know, I know... not what you wanted to hear.
View Quote

Solid advice...!

I look forward to more info on the Mohawk at your "virtual SHOT Show"...?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:22:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/25/2021 7:23:00 PM EST by That_Guy_Mike]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
Not having much luck with the search function so hoping someone can direct me to the pages of this thread that have discussions about the SwampFox Blade.  I'm considering it for my 8.5" AR9 as an HD weapon/speed steel/general range fun.  Thanks.
View Quote

Kinds spread all throughout the thread, hither and yon. I think this will be more fun, HERE is a playlist of YouTube optic reviews that currently has 61 reviews in it from various YouTubers on various Swampfox products. A bunch of Blade stuff in there, grab a cold one and pick some videos.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:36:08 PM EST
Ordered one this morning.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:54:14 PM EST
I forgot if this was mentioned, but I see AIM Surplus is now carrying Swampfox.  I saw that in a recent email.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:16:57 PM EST
@That_Guy_Mike  By chance do you have an ETA when your RMR picatinny mount will be in stock?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:17:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/27/2021 3:20:46 PM EST by Capt_Destro]
Originally Posted By ragingyeti:
Mike, any chance we can get more details on the 1.5x? I need to know if I should start saving my money.

Size/weight comparable to the TA44?
What will the reticle be like? Similar to the Blade or something new?
I assume it will also work with 5.56?

Im very interested in a 1.5x prism that uses T2 mounts.
View Quote

I'd like info too. I'm torn between this and the new Primary Arms one (Sorry)

If yours comes out before the Primary Arms one I might be grabbing that. I kinda need a prism optic ASAP that isnt the Lil  P, Cyclops (Cheveron is too small) or Blade (Blade is nice and I love the reticle but it's a tank/pig and the 3x is only a little heavier/bigger and offers more magnification)

If the 1.5x is less than 10 oz with a mount and a bit smaller I'm super interested.

Would it be 2nd Quarter of 2021 as well?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:12:42 PM EST
A few odds and ends:

1. @556_Chowder no firm ETA. Hoping to play with prototypes next month but right now I don't even have a photo of one to sneak into this post. We had a competition with a few proposed designs and I'm pretty happy with the balance we struck. It needs to be strong but light and it needs to look like it goes with our other products and was designed by us, not a re-brand of someone else's mount. Considering how many other mounts are already on the market, it's not that easy. We will ALSO be doing a 45 degree offset mount, which was an even bigger challenge than the riser mount. I will post updates here as I can.

2. @Capt_Destro, FOOLS! Why must we be surrounded by fools? Baroness retreat, we must fight GI Joe another day!

Sorry, I got carried away for a second there. Uh, bottom line is that the form factor is pretty similar to the new PA Cyclops prism, which I agree looks really damn good. Like wow they stepped their game up compared to the previous generation, it looks really slick. I'm going to make no claims about which one will be better or a higher value even, because testing on ours isn't done yet and we haven't even decided on the price point. I kinda doubt 2nd quarter 2021 for us, so PA will probably have theirs available first. We are in fact hoping that weight will be in the 10-11 ounce range.

3. Got some customer service weirdness going on that I want to address here, in case folks see it. We did that flash sale on Kingslayers for a good deal and we shipped them all out, and we've gotten a couple of guys who have emailed us hopping mad because the floor plate on the optic looks used and scratched up. "Hey what BS is this, did you send me a used scope? You guys running some sort of bait 'n switch game now?" No, we never, EVER repackage used optics and sell them as new. Not even in a super low pricing flash sale. Now I don't KNOW this but this is my speculation-- we are trying to ramp up production numbers so we can keep up with demand during the current panic buy and even run a sale or two. My speculation is, to boost those production numbers, our factory used some scratched up bottom plates that normally wouldn't pass QC, because you don't see that part anyway once the optic is mounted. When they got here to the states and we did our own QC, same story-- turrets work, electronics work, optic is good to go, it just has some scratches on the bottom plate that holds all the guts in. We didn't think people would look at the scratches and accuse us of selling a used product as new. As always we are trying to take care of the guys who got upset-- if they want a shiny clean mounting area for the optic, we'll get them one that meets their expectations.

4. I know the whole industry seems to be backed up right now but the number of inquiries we are getting about "when does my product ship" is kinda insane. It's hundreds of emails a week and we can compare when you place your order vs. when you emailed us asking for a shipping update.  THERE SHOULD BE MORE THAN 10 MINUTES BETWEEN WHEN YOU ORDER AND WHEN YOU BLOW US UP ASKING WHEN IT WILL SHIP. It's obvious to us that a lot of people have a CTRL+V paragraph that they send via email every time they order something online. So guess what, you're gonna get a CTRL+V macro pasted answer and we'll just let the robots talk to each other back and forth I guess.

If the product is in stock when you order, it normally ships out within 48 hours. 72 hours if there's a giant sale on. If the product isn't in stock, you can't order it at all, we aren't doing backorders.

People's insistence on a personalized answer to your automatically generated "when do I get my stuff" email is causing us to hire more staff to deal with customer service, which means paying those guys a living wage, which means the prices on our future products WILL go up, all because certain people don't have the adult patience required to wait a day or two for a shipping confirmation. Stop literally ruining our desired pricing structure with your impatience!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:02:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/27/2021 9:02:59 PM EST by 556_Chowder]

People's insistence on a personalized answer to your automatically generated "when do I get my stuff" email is causing us to hire more staff to deal with customer service, which means paying those guys a living wage, which means the prices on our future products WILL go up, all because certain people don't have the adult patience required to wait a day or two for a shipping confirmation. Stop literally ruining our desired pricing structure with your impatience!
View Quote

Some of these folks have never been around to order items from a Sears catalog with a 6-8 weeks delivery. Today’s instant gratification and lack of patience is observable and has turned grown adults into children.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:05:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

Some of these folks have never been around to order items from a Sears catalog with a 6-8 weeks delivery. Today’s instant gratification and lack of patience is observable and has turned grown adults into children.
View Quote

I think Amazon dot com has really changed people's ideas on what business hours are like. We have dudes placing an order Friday at 8:30pm, then they start messaging us at 10:30pm Saturday and they are pissed that nobody is online to answer their "when will it ship" question on Facebook.

BRUH. There have been ZERO business hours since you placed your order. At 10:30pm on Saturday night I'm hopefully in bed but not asleep with my beautiful woman after a fun ride on the motorcycle or a guilty pleasure war movie. You should be doing something like that too, instead of writing us a paragraph in Facebook Messenger about how if we don't answer RIGHT NOW we'll never see another dollar from you ever again.

I think people must believe that all business are like Amazon and we have a room with 100 guys from Team India answering calls and emails when we're all asleep, and it's afternoon tea time in Dehli. Not so. Not every company is Amazon now and I'm not looking forward to the day when Amazon is all we have left, either.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:25:30 PM EST
Just to give some people an idea of ordering and shipping time with Swampfox:

I ordered an Arrowhead 1-6x24 just after midnight on Monday November 30th. I got my order confirmation within minutes.

I got my shipping confirmation from Swampfox @ 3:30 PM EST on Dec 2nd. And Fed EX shows my scope was indeed shipped Wednesday Dec. 2nd from Colorado, and it was delivered into my hot little hands on Friday Dec 4th @ 1.42 PM in North Carolina

I sent no e-mails, I didn't call, and never wondered about when it would ship.  All in all it was drama free transaction.

And Yes, I'm just a sample of one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:05:27 PM EST

I think Amazon dot com has really changed people's ideas on what business hours are like. We have dudes placing an order Friday at 8:30pm, then they start messaging us at 10:30pm Saturday and they are pissed that nobody is online to answer their "when will it ship" question on Facebook.

BRUH. There have been ZERO business hours since you placed your order. At 10:30pm on Saturday night I'm hopefully in bed but not asleep with my beautiful woman after a fun ride on the motorcycle or a guilty pleasure war movie. You should be doing something like that too, instead of writing us a paragraph in Facebook Messenger about how if we don't answer RIGHT NOW we'll never see another dollar from you ever again.

I think people must believe that all business are like Amazon and we have a room with 100 guys from Team India answering calls and emails when we're all asleep, and it's afternoon tea time in Dehli. Not so. Not every company is Amazon now and I'm not looking forward to the day when Amazon is all we have left, either.
View Quote

@That_Guy_Mike

Get your web order IT folks to create an automated shipping status email that is transmitted about 20-45 minutes after an order is placed and the initial order info email has been sent. In that email say you got the order, your system ships orders in the order received and your employees are working non-stop during regular Monday-Friday business hours to ship orders out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:57:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/29/2021 12:30:55 PM EST by That_Guy_Mike]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:

@That_Guy_Mike

Get your web order IT folks to create an automated shipping status email that is transmitted about 20-45 minutes after an order is placed and the initial order info email has been sent. In that email say you got the order, your system ships orders in the order received and your employees are working non-stop during regular Monday-Friday business hours to ship orders out.
View Quote

Have you never ordered from us yet? You get a "Welcome Swampfox Warrior" order confirmation email right after the order is placed, which does say all that. Then you get a shipping confirmation email with your tracking number which is created right before we put the box on the truck. So you get two emails from us.

None of that matters. We are literally getting people asking us on Facebook how long the order will take to ship out, BEFORE they order. Because they have a few choices on where to buy the optic from and they are trying to pick the fastest shipper. This isn't a once in awhile thing, it's an every day thing.

Also, the presumptuousness of these guys is laughable as hell. "If you can get the scope to me before Friday I will strongly consider adopting Swampfox Optics on all future tactical and hunting platforms." Oh wow, if we beg FedEx to do their job better you might "adopt" us on your "platforms"? Thanks Chris Costa!

Edit: About half an hour after I posted this, we got one of these inquires on Facebook so I screenshotted it for you. This is the macro answer that we are CTRL+V to guys who ask before they've ordered product. The order confirmation email contains some of the same language.

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:37:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/29/2021 1:40:32 PM EST by MackDaddy1962]
I really don't understand folks @That_Guy_Mike Seriously...

Dear lord, have they been under a rock for 13 months?

Great work, great company, stupendous value optics. Worth the wait, no questions.

Thank y'all for helping the 2A community out!

Regurgitated pic.. just because.

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:32:08 PM EST
A few odds and ends:

1. @556_Chowder no firm ETA. Hoping to play with prototypes next month but right now I don't even have a photo of one to sneak into this post. We had a competition with a few proposed designs and I'm pretty happy with the balance we struck. It needs to be strong but light and it needs to look like it goes with our other products and was designed by us, not a re-brand of someone else's mount. Considering how many other mounts are already on the market, it's not that easy. We will ALSO be doing a 45 degree offset mount, which was an even bigger challenge than the riser mount. I will post updates here as I can.

2. @Capt_Destro, FOOLS! Why must we be surrounded by fools? Baroness retreat, we must fight GI Joe another day!

Sorry, I got carried away for a second there. Uh, bottom line is that the form factor is pretty similar to the new PA Cyclops prism, which I agree looks really damn good. Like wow they stepped their game up compared to the previous generation, it looks really slick. I'm going to make no claims about which one will be better or a higher value even, because testing on ours isn't done yet and we haven't even decided on the price point. I kinda doubt 2nd quarter 2021 for us, so PA will probably have theirs available first. We are in fact hoping that weight will be in the 10-11 ounce range.

3. Got some customer service weirdness going on that I want to address here, in case folks see it. We did that flash sale on Kingslayers for a good deal and we shipped them all out, and we've gotten a couple of guys who have emailed us hopping mad because the floor plate on the optic looks used and scratched up. "Hey what BS is this, did you send me a used scope? You guys running some sort of bait 'n switch game now?" No, we never, EVER repackage used optics and sell them as new. Not even in a super low pricing flash sale. Now I don't KNOW this but this is my speculation-- we are trying to ramp up production numbers so we can keep up with demand during the current panic buy and even run a sale or two. My speculation is, to boost those production numbers, our factory used some scratched up bottom plates that normally wouldn't pass QC, because you don't see that part anyway once the optic is mounted. When they got here to the states and we did our own QC, same story-- turrets work, electronics work, optic is good to go, it just has some scratches on the bottom plate that holds all the guts in. We didn't think people would look at the scratches and accuse us of selling a used product as new. As always we are trying to take care of the guys who got upset-- if they want a shiny clean mounting area for the optic, we'll get them one that meets their expectations.

4. I know the whole industry seems to be backed up right now but the number of inquiries we are getting about "when does my product ship" is kinda insane. It's hundreds of emails a week and we can compare when you place your order vs. when you emailed us asking for a shipping update.  THERE SHOULD BE MORE THAN 10 MINUTES BETWEEN WHEN YOU ORDER AND WHEN YOU BLOW US UP ASKING WHEN IT WILL SHIP. It's obvious to us that a lot of people have a CTRL+V paragraph that they send via email every time they order something online. So guess what, you're gonna get a CTRL+V macro pasted answer and we'll just let the robots talk to each other back and forth I guess.

If the product is in stock when you order, it normally ships out within 48 hours. 72 hours if there's a giant sale on. If the product isn't in stock, you can't order it at all, we aren't doing backorders.

View Quote

Thanks! I figure these days everything is going to take some time. Imports in general seem to be heavily delayed. I can probably get by with a red dot until then, astigmatism be damned
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:25:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

Some of these folks have never been around to order items from a Sears catalog with a 6-8 weeks delivery. Today's instant gratification and lack of patience is observable and has turned grown adults into children.
View Quote
Or Optics Planet.

Just got a ship notice after 7.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:55:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:07:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By eric10mm:
In reality, that is probably just a "shipping label has been created" computer created notice. With very few exceptions, ain't nobody actually shipping after 7pm, let alone any shipping companies making pickups.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Or Optics Planet.

In reality, that is probably just a "shipping label has been created" computer created notice. With very few exceptions, ain't nobody actually shipping after 7pm, let alone any shipping companies making pickups.

I worked a one ‘large’ custom parts manufacturer/distributor they had 2 large UPS package cars pickup starting at 5 PM, second was finished loading at just before 7 PM. A lot depends how far the pick up is from the main hub.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:47:25 AM EST
View Quote
7 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:04:47 PM EST
Finally completed a Mod H iNsPirED build... It's been hovering in the single digits round here the past few days so I haven't had a chance to rattle can her or shoot her. Will probably throw a Streamlight HL-X on at some point. Took a chance with the Arrowhead, and I must say so far I am very impressed with the build quality, glass clarity, and reticle brightness. The turrets are very crisp and tactile, comparable to my Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 2-10

Build List -
Lower:
PSA M16A2 Lower Receiver
Larue MBT-2S trigger
Ergo 2 AR Grip
Sopmod Stock
Geissele braided buffer spring with H1 buffer

Upper:
BA 16" Premium Series .223 wylde mid length
Geissele Super Gas block
Allen Engineering AEM-5 Ops Inc #12 Spr collar and adapter (long)
Nordic Components 12.5" Free float tube
Mil-spec M16 bolt carrier assembly
BCM Charging Handle Mod 3B
Harris S-BRMP with Pod Lok and ADM QD mount
GG&G vertical grip w/storage

Optic:
Swampfox Optics Arrowhead 1-10 Guerrilla Dot BDC
Swampfox Optics Freedom Scope Rings - High
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:11:21 PM EST
@jblais_5

Welcome and nice build!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:14:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/1/2021 3:15:47 PM EST by Boil]
View Quote

Alrighty...!

Plowed thru the thread again (all 71 pages) looking for info on the Blade 1x prism sight & if green emitters were in the future for the Liberty / Justice red dots...

Good Blade info found regarding BDC for the BRC markings:

With Sierra 220gr HPBT zeroed at 50yds, I'm getting ~130yds at the bottom of trident, ~180yds on dot, and ~330yds on top of carrot.

So calculations could be made to derive the same for 300 BLK on the new 1.5x Mohawk prism...!

( ...like Mike said earlier, do the math for your load & barrel length... )

Been looking at a handful of prism sights (okay, the SF Blade & Trihawk, and a few PA offerings), not liking how small the reticle seems for 2x & up prisms; the Blade reticle seems workable, so maybe the 1.5x Mohawk will be optimal...? Old eyes really sucks, especially when you have been wearing spectacles for nearly the past 50 years...! ;^p

I will be on a sharp lookout for that "virtual SHOT Show" coming up @ the end of February...!

And I also (again, having skimmed thru the last 71 pages of posts) am reminded that the issue with green emitters is battery life, which makes sense...!

Hoping to get a Justice / Ironsides combo for my PF45 (Glock 21 clone) handgun & a 1.5x Mohawk for my 300 BLK AR pistol...!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:35:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/1/2021 7:36:39 PM EST by Capt_Destro]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Or Optics Planet.

True Story: My Optics Planet order shipped and arrived before my other order even shipped (the store was one known for shipping things out super fast ).

Everything is so screwed up right now it isn't funny. If you can find the optic you want in stock, Id order it. ITs worth the wait.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:32:54 AM EST

View Quote

Did you guys put out the virtual shot content?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:41:23 AM EST
Thinking about an arrowhead for my scout rifle (traditional mount).  But only if it can ship the instant I place the order.

I may consider adopting Swampfox for all my future weapons systems if you can make this happen.

Also, any discount codes?

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:00:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By drew5337:
Thinking about an arrowhead for my scout rifle (traditional mount).  But only if it can ship the instant I place the order.

I may consider adopting Swampfox for all my future weapons systems if you can make this happen.

Also, any discount codes?

View Quote

That's my optics selection criterion as well.  It's going to take a full 8 days for the Blade that I ordered on Sunday to arrive so I'm thinking of sending it back.  30% Mil/LEO/First Responder/Vet discount doesn't seem like nearly enough to thank me for my service.  Might have to look for a manufacturer that takes customers seriously.

DON'T SHOOT - JUST KIDDING!  
Looking forward to the new offerings.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:13:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

Did you guys put out the virtual shot content?
View Quote

End of February, not January. Planning it now.
Page / 75
SwampFox Optics (Page 71 of 75)
Top Top