Member Login

Site Notices
SwampFox Optics (Page 69 of 76)
Page / 76
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:56:04 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
Mike,

Which slide do you have on the Sig and how is the Kingslayer/Liberty/Justice mounted?

Thanks.
View Quote

It's a standard X5 slide and I use a plate from Springer Precision. I do recommend it, it's not stupid expensive and has mounted multiple prototype and production dots without any issues or showing wear.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:57:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By pdb27127:
Ordered a 1-10x Arrowhead this weekend. How long are those taking to ship these days?

I'm not in a hurry, just want to manage my excitement.
View Quote

We should have all the Black Friday / Cyber Monday stuff out the door pretty soon, they've been working hard on shipping as much as possible. So, I would expect a shipping notification before the end of the week for sure.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:23:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By That_Guy_Mike:

We should have all the Black Friday / Cyber Monday stuff out the door pretty soon, they've been working hard on shipping as much as possible. So, I would expect a shipping notification before the end of the week for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Ordered a 1-10x Arrowhead this weekend. How long are those taking to ship these days?

Excellent, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:34:11 AM EST
Missed the blade sale, bummer :(  Grabbed a used vortex spitfire AR for the cheaps in the mean time.

What are the chances that a company or swampfox ever comes out with a simple 1 or 2 moa red dot prism red dot? I think it'd be a major seller, we're stuck with silly complicated reticles right now. Tho I will say the blade is probably the best looking one to date.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:57:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By Moses06:
Missed the blade sale, bummer :(  Grabbed a used vortex spitfire AR for the cheaps in the mean time.

What are the chances that a company or swampfox ever comes out with a simple 1 or 2 moa red dot prism red dot? I think it'd be a major seller, we're stuck with silly complicated reticles right now. Tho I will say the blade is probably the best looking one to date.
View Quote

We would need brighter illumination than we have right now and you wouldn't be able to see it at all with illumination off. I mean you're talking about a dot that covers 1 inch of target at 100 yards, it would be super slow to find it without illumination on.

Might as well buy a Leupold Freedom RDS, they have a 1 MOA dot if you like it that small.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:41:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/2/2020 12:41:43 PM EST by K1rodeoboater]

View Quote
I got a shipping notification by noon on Tuesday for an order I placed late Monday evening.  I was shocked to say the least.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:43:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
I got a shipping notification by noon on Tuesday for an order I placed late Monday evening.  I was shocked to say the least.
View Quote

And I placed an order on Sunday for a Arrowhead 1-6x24mm MOA, and it's still "Awaiting fulfillment".  Waiting on a slow boat from Colorado maybe??
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:37:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By BobinNC:

And I placed an order on Sunday for a Arrowhead 1-6x24mm MOA, and it's still "Awaiting fulfillment".  Waiting on a slow boat from Colorado maybe??
View Quote

And just like that @3:03 PM EST, 18 minutes later after I posted,  I get the notice that my scope has shipped.  Swampfox Optics couldn't have scripted it any better........Kudos and LOL
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:59:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/2/2020 4:00:32 PM EST by Moses06]

We would need brighter illumination than we have right now and you wouldn't be able to see it at all with illumination off. I mean you're talking about a dot that covers 1 inch of target at 100 yards, it would be super slow to find it without illumination on.

Might as well buy a Leupold Freedom RDS, they have a 1 MOA dot if you like it that small.
View Quote

Makes sense. Would it be the same issue on 2moa dot? Guessing so. In retrospect, the blade's reticle is pretty damn close to what I'm asking for anyway. Certainly the cleanest on the market.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:49:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By Moses06:

Makes sense. Would it be the same issue on 2moa dot? Guessing so. In retrospect, the blade's reticle is pretty damn close to what I'm asking for anyway. Certainly the cleanest on the market.
View Quote

If you're shooting with a 1x red dot and your experience is that a point of aim covering 3 inches at 100 yards is not as good as a point of aim that covers 1 inch at 100 yards, I envy your eyeballs.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:01:33 PM EST
Fast shipping as always. I ordered my Black Friday Liberty combo Friday evening and it arrived today.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:55:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By eric10mm:
@mousegunner I asked the same question earlier. You have to unscrew the end piece that's on the scope and then the ARD will thread on in its place.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eric10mm:
Originally Posted By mousegunner:
My Blade just came in, and overall it looks quite good.  I'll take it to the range tomorrow...

One question - the anti-reflection device doesn't seem to screw into the front lens.  The threads don't match.  While I don't expect to have much use for it at local USPSA matches (), it might be important for those with a more serious purpose.
@mousegunner I asked the same question earlier. You have to unscrew the end piece that's on the scope and then the ARD will thread on in its place.

Sorry, probably stupid question, but how much force did you use?  I'm afraid of twisting too much and breaking something.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:03:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By mousegunner:

Sorry, probably stupid question, but how much force did you use?  I'm afraid of twisting too much and breaking something.
View Quote

It's lefty-loosey to take it off and they can be stuck on there pretty good from the factory. Just grab hold firmly and twist it counter clockwise.

I didn't realize how these were going to be packaged when I wrote the user manual, or I would have addressed this issue better there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:43:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By BobinNC:

And just like that @3:03 PM EST, 18 minutes later after I posted,  I get the notice that my scope has shipped.  Swampfox Optics couldn't have scripted it any better........Kudos and LOL
View Quote

They are watching this forum just to eff with people.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:11:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:

@1911fan450

How are you getting on ARFcom without a computer, phone or notebook made in China, built by a company owned by the CCP?
View Quote

No need to strawman this. Some things are simply not available on the American market, other things are. Choose.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:40:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By Cyclic:
Mike, I also couldn't resist the Blade sale. So I got one on the way here!!!  With our deal, it'll make for 3  5 SwampFox optics here. You guys keep up the good work.  

I absolutely LOVE Swampfox optics and you guys have earned a loyal customer.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:46:30 AM EST
If it helps any I ordered mine on Saturday and FedEx tracking says I should see it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:58:40 AM EST
So, Blade came in yesterday. Mounted up and ready to go on the truck gun. And before you go why the side charge and flashlight location............   I'm a lefty.

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:41:00 PM EST
Got my black Friday Justice combo less than 6 days later.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:14:23 PM EST

It's a standard X5 slide and I use a plate from Springer Precision. I do recommend it, it's not stupid expensive and has mounted multiple prototype and production dots without any issues or showing wear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
Mike,

Which slide do you have on the Sig and how is the Kingslayer/Liberty/Justice mounted?

Thanks.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 10:39:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:46:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/8/2020 3:00:27 PM EST by nocountryforwhitemen]
Soo...Could I use the Blade’s BRC reticle points as a way to zero it for 50/200, with only 15 yards? or would it be off?

Also, torque spec for the new Torx bolts? Mine came looking like someone used them before btw.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 3:43:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By nocountryforwhitemen:
Soo...Could I use the Blade’s BRC reticle points as a way to zero it for 50/200, with only 15 yards? or would it be off?

Also, torque spec for the new Torx bolts? Mine came looking like someone used them before btw.
View Quote

1. On the zeroing thing, I never thought of that when I came up with the reticle but an Arfcommer did it earlier this year and it actually worked pretty well. I think he zeroed with the 10 yard dot at an indoor range, then later on was at least on paper just fine at 50/100 when his outdoor range finally opened up again. Crazy that it works but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

2. Torque spec is officially 40 inch pounds or so. Unofficially in testing I never broke them, I got to nearly 60 inch pounds before I got scared and said "ok that's good enough I don't really want to break this." The tool included in the box is still T10 / T15 and the actual nuts are T25, this is causing confusion and we're trying to source some T25 L-shaped wrenches that we can throw in the boxes on these. Most of the T25 tools are too big to fit in the box, so that's our problem right now.

The bolts are blackened for corrosion resistance but that finish scratches off too easily when you apply the tool to it, and yes they have been used before. That's because we're doing quality control checks both overseas at the factory and here in Denver on the completed optics, and that involves torquing them down to a mount that's in front of a collimator to check for reticle straightness and turret tracking. By the time the product is actually deemed OK to put in the box and send to you the buyer, it's been torqued to two rails overseas and once here in the USA as well. No way to check out each scope without attaching them to the testing jig, right?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:19:30 PM EST

1. On the zeroing thing, I never thought of that when I came up with the reticle but an Arfcommer did it earlier this year and it actually worked pretty well. I think he zeroed with the 10 yard dot at an indoor range, then later on was at least on paper just fine at 50/100 when his outdoor range finally opened up again. Crazy that it works but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

2. Torque spec is officially 40 inch pounds or so. Unofficially in testing I never broke them, I got to nearly 60 inch pounds before I got scared and said "ok that's good enough I don't really want to break this." The tool included in the box is still T10 / T15 and the actual nuts are T25, this is causing confusion and we're trying to source some T25 L-shaped wrenches that we can throw in the boxes on these. Most of the T25 tools are too big to fit in the box, so that's our problem right now.

The bolts are blackened for corrosion resistance but that finish scratches off too easily when you apply the tool to it, and yes they have been used before. That's because we're doing quality control checks both overseas at the factory and here in Denver on the completed optics, and that involves torquing them down to a mount that's in front of a collimator to check for reticle straightness and turret tracking. By the time the product is actually deemed OK to put in the box and send to you the buyer, it's been torqued to two rails overseas and once here in the USA as well. No way to check out each scope without attaching them to the testing jig, right?
View Quote

that's good to know, I was thinking if it works one way it has to work the other... because science. if it gets me on paper then it's good enough lol. as for the bolts, they torqued to 40 without issue so can't ask for much more. thanks sir
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:44:52 PM EST

View Quote
I know that when I got my replacement Blade it was nasty weather when I zeroed it so I went to the local indoor 20 yard range. I sighted it in at 10 yards and verified at 5 and 15 yards while at the indoor range. I was fine at 50 yards when I got to shoot at the outdoor range the next time. The reticle is set for 55 grain but I was shooting 62 grain XM855 and it still worked fine.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:48:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2020 10:48:46 AM EST by Doodles]

View Quote

That's awesome.

Do the bolts need loctite?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:31:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By Doodles:

That's awesome.

Do the bolts need loctite?
View Quote

At 40 inch pounds do they NEED loctite? I dunno.

Do I USE loctite anyway? Yup. It can't hurt and it's cheap stuff.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:58:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/11/2020 10:30:06 AM EST by Doodles]

At 40 inch pounds do they NEED loctite? I dunno.

Do I USE loctite anyway? Yup. It can't hurt and it's cheap stuff.
View Quote

Guess what? The screws already had blue locking compound. Torqued screws to 40 inlbs.

Completed new build....

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:03:56 PM EST
The rifle scope section of the site is pretty bare. Any update on when new KL or WH will be back in stock?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:05:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By Sharty_McQueef:
The rifle scope section of the site is pretty bare. Any update on when new KL or WH will be back in stock?
View Quote

We were planning for Q4. Now we're planning for early next year. Lots and lots of planning, we'll see if it goes to plan or not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:44:03 AM EST
@That_Guy_Mike

Am I correct in the older Arrowhead LPVO was set with a 50yd parallax and the newest version is 100yd? Just curious, as I've got 2 (1-10) units. One I bought back in June, the other just took delivery in the past few weeks.

Reason I ask, I went to zero the new one yesterday at my indoor 25yd range and could only get a clear objective @ ~ 8x power. I can't remember if that was the case with my original unit I zero'd months ago.

No big deal, just curious.

Merry Christmas bro,
Jim
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:19:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:
@That_Guy_Mike

Am I correct in the older Arrowhead LPVO was set with a 50yd parallax and the newest version is 100yd? Just curious, as I've got 2 (1-10) units. One I bought back in June, the other just took delivery in the past few weeks.

Reason I ask, I went to zero the new one yesterday at my indoor 25yd range and could only get a clear objective @ ~ 8x power. I can't remember if that was the case with my original unit I zero'd months ago.

No big deal, just curious.

Merry Christmas bro,
Jim
View Quote

Pretty sure Arrowhead was always set at 100y, it was Tomahawk that got the change from 50 to 100 after customer feedback. Regardless of model, on ANY of our LPVOs if you can't get a clear sight picture at 25 yards at 1x even after messing with the adjustable ocular, maybe something is wrong with the unit. You should be able to shoot with both eyes open, feeling like it's a true 1x, at even 5 yards, without a bunch of distortion or whatever. If that's not happening, ping me and lets talk, and if worst comes to worst I'll get you in touch with the customer service team.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:26:43 PM EST
Pretty sure Arrowhead was always set at 100y, it was Tomahawk that got the change from 50 to 100 after customer feedback. Regardless of model, on ANY of our LPVOs if you can't get a clear sight picture at 25 yards at 1x even after messing with the adjustable ocular, maybe something is wrong with the unit. You should be able to shoot with both eyes open, feeling like it's a true 1x, at even 5 yards, without a bunch of distortion or whatever. If that's not happening, ping me and lets talk, and if worst comes to worst I'll get you in touch with the customer service team.
View Quote

Thanks brother. All good for now, I've yet to even get these out to shoot @ 100yds. That's really what I want them for. The new public range (ODNR Delaware County, OH) just got rebuilt and opened. I'll go there to asses all aspects for both of them soon. From what everyone in the Ohio Hometown forum is telling me it's the "bee's knees.."

No worries, I know ya'll will help if needed. I was just curious. The new unit was darn near on target right out of the box for 100yds on the FDE 10.5" build (I use a 100yd @ 25yd target for indoor range zero.) That was cool!

Thanks so much,
Jim
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:14:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/14/2020 4:15:47 PM EST by Knightzone]
Is there any plans for a holographic sight or big window red dot? Something with massive field of view 1x red dot sight. Like a sightmark ultra shot but better?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:43:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By Knightzone:
Is there any plans for a holographic sight or big window red dot? Something with massive field of view 1x red dot sight. Like a sightmark ultra shot but better?
View Quote

How about, like a Sig Romeo 8T but not $600?

You know. Theoretically.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:56:37 PM EST

You know. Theoretically.
View All Quotes

You know. Theoretically.

yeah. And doesn't thermal drift as bad as a name brand.
Theoretically of course.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:29:26 PM EST

yeah. And doesn't thermal drift as bad as a name brand.
Theoretically of course.
View Quote

Over a wide variety of temperatures, they all thermal drift. That's why reconfirming zero is important. I can't promise ours won't thermal drift-- I can promise we won't lie to the government about it, LOL.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:28:59 PM EST
So, over the weekend I got a ring from a SWAT guy I know who is taking our Arrowhead LPVO to school with him this week. He asked if I could figure out some close quarter holds for Arrowhead at 1x, similar to the Blade prism Bullet Rise Compensating reticle. I played around with StrelokPro a bit and wow, surely it can't be that simple? So I headed to the range to confirm with live fire on an AR using our Independence Mount, and it worked great. I think I'll try to do the same thing with the MOA and MIL reticles but I don't know if they will be as easy to remember as this. You guys with Arrowhead BDC reticles, try this out and tell me if it works for you too please!

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:32:18 AM EST
Messed around with my Black Friday Justice under night vision the other day. I put it on a MK IV so I could do some suppressed yard pops and not piss off the neighbors.

The lowest setting dot is too bright for passive aiming (i.e. no IR illumination). However, if you use an IR light out to 75 yards or so (I was using an x300v), the dot gets washed out to the point where it's perfect - no bloom, just a crisp dot of light floating in the air. If you don't care about having to use IR, I'd say it's a viable close range option for the night times. If you want to be super stealthy and not use any IR, get an RMR.

I do really like the optic overall, but a dimmer setting, or two, would be a nice feature so you can go full passive mode at night.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:56:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By GataGunner:
Messed around with my Black Friday Justice under night vision the other day. I put it on a MK IV so I could do some suppressed yard pops and not piss off the neighbors.

The lowest setting dot is too bright for passive aiming (i.e. no IR illumination). However, if you use an IR light out to 75 yards or so (I was using an x300v), the dot gets washed out to the point where it's perfect - no bloom, just a crisp dot of light floating in the air. If you don't care about having to use IR, I'd say it's a viable close range option for the night times. If you want to be super stealthy and not use any IR, get an RMR.

I do really like the optic overall, but a dimmer setting, or two, would be a nice feature so you can go full passive mode at night.
View Quote

I want to do night vision settings in the next generation. I also want night vision so I can test it out. I'm not sure either one will happen but I know what I WANT.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:04:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2020 12:07:37 PM EST by Yojimbo]
@That_Guy_Mike

Now that the Steiner PX4i has become overpriced I think SwampFox should step in give people another option.

It would be nice if they made a 1-6x, 2FP optic with Arrowhead quality glass with a simple uncluttered reticle that has an illuminated daylight bright single dot.  The scope should also have a generous eye box, be under 20oz, with set and forget capped turrets and the same toughness as the Arrowhead.  Price should under $500.  

I know I am looking for something like this at that price range.  I also believe/hope that price range would it profitable enough for Swampfox to make such a scope.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:10:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2020 12:12:44 PM EST by That_Guy_Mike]
We made the Spear Duplex reticle after hearing a bunch of guys at the NRAAM show talk about how they loved everything about our Tomahawk series except the busy fancypants reticle. It usually went like this:

*slaps beer belly*
*adjusts trucker hat angle*

I been shootin' crosshairs fer 20 years an I know mah holds and ahm too old ta learn this new "rect-tic-le" bullshit. Just gimme crosshairs and I'll buy one 'o these.

So, we did. And the Spear Duplex Tomahawks are our worst selling product and the most likely to be discontinued due to lack of interest.

Also, we don't have the tech to do Steiner's illumination. I've pushed for it so much that I was finally told to stop asking about it, it's going to happen when it happens. When it does happen I'll be quite pleased but right now we can't match that illumination.

The Steiner is "overpriced" because that's the price the market will bear. The price on items is never what the buyer wants, and it's never what the seller wants, it's simply what the buyer will actually pay for that product, and the Steiner is a good enough product that it's going for more money than it used to go for. It's a good scope, but I find a 1-4x kinda underwhelming in an era of relatively commonplace 1-8x and even 1-10x optics.

Hopefully some day we can catch up on illumination tech. But even then, it's not like us to just copy the form factor of a scope already on the market. I think that's the root cause of the problem with the Spear Duplex Tomahawks. People say "build one that's just like what I already know that I like", but then when you do, they say "well it doesn't do anything different than the one I already know that I like so why should I buy yours?"
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:17:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2020 12:24:47 PM EST by Yojimbo]
I get it, I had to ask though...

I think the Steiner PX4i is overpriced because I actually own one.  I got it with an ADM scout mount for under $500 back in the day.  The glass and illumination are great but it's not perfect and there are a few things I think need to be better for the price it's currently commanding.  I can afford the price they are asking but I would look at other options for what they are asking for it now.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:57:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
I get it, I had to ask though...

I think the Steiner PX4i is overpriced because I actually own one.  I got it with an ADM scout mount for under $500 back in the day.  The glass and illumination are great but it's not perfect and there are a few things I think need to be better for the price it's currently commanding.  I can afford the price they are asking but I would look at other options for what they are asking for it now.

View Quote

I get it, and frankly I hope we have something to do with that perception. Like I said, it's kinda underwhelming to spend that much on a 1-4x when you can get a quality 1-8x or even 1-10x for less. Hopefully the market presence of Arrowhead makes the Px4i seem like less of a great deal to people doing their research. Sorry Steiner, I got nothin' but love for ya, but this is my job.

I DO want to make a very small and light weight 1-4x and I've floated the idea to the team, and we are looking into whether it is possible. I mean something even smaller than the Leupold Mk AR series. I want to make something for all those lightweight build guys who put all the weights of their "perfect" build into excel sheets before they buy. It might not be that great as a scope but they won't care, they are obviously buying based on excel sheet weight figures not on performance, or they would be making different choices with their builds.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:29:13 PM EST
Is there still any chance Tomahawk 1-4x24s will come back in stock by New Years? I've got money set aside for one and getting all antsy in my pantsy. I really want to replace the Bushnell Prime 1-4x32 acting as a placeholder on my M&P 15-22.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:48:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/18/2020 4:54:46 PM EST by seant8]
So, over the weekend I got a ring from a SWAT guy I know who is taking our Arrowhead LPVO to school with him this week. He asked if I could figure out some close quarter holds for Arrowhead at 1x, similar to the Blade prism Bullet Rise Compensating reticle. I played around with StrelokPro a bit and wow, surely it can't be that simple? So I headed to the range to confirm with live fire on an AR using our Independence Mount, and it worked great. I think I'll try to do the same thing with the MOA and MIL reticles but I don't know if they will be as easy to remember as this. You guys with Arrowhead BDC reticles, try this out and tell me if it works for you too please!
View Quote
I worked this out on my Arrowhead 1-6 with the MOA reticle because I wanted to know the same thing at 1x. 5yds is the 4th hash mark from the dot, which is pretty much the bottom of the circle like an Eotech reticle. 10 yds is in between the 1st and 2nd marks, so either one would get you a pretty precise hit. I run a 100 yd zero, but this close it should be the same for a 50 yd zero. A side note for you guys that run offset irons with the A2 aperture system (Think Dueck Defense RTS or Midwest Industries Fixed Offsets), with the small aperture zeroed at 100 yds, the large aperture hits dead on at 10 and under eliminating offset compensation.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:58:38 PM EST
Nice! That matches up pretty nicely with what I figured out on the BDC version. Well played man!

Also, we are hoping to get some Tomahawks back in either right at the end of the year or in January.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:41:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/18/2020 5:42:35 PM EST by chumpmiester]
Here is what I got when I used Strelok Pro for the Tomahawk 1-4 MOA reticle. I used data for American Eagle XM855 with a 100 yard zero.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:19:10 AM EST
Hey Mike,

I recently got the Justice and Ironsides combo for my converted Saiga and mounted to an Ultimak rail.  Doesn't co-witness like the guy with the krink was able to earlier in this thread, but that's fine.  Think I'll just get the Larue RMR QD mount in the future if something goes wrong with the RDS.

My question is, do you guys have or will you plan to have a rubber cover that compensates for the wider frame of the Ironsides?  The included cover is too slim to wrap around the RDS and cover the RDS in its entirety now that it's wider.  I like to put the cover on just for the sake of dust or other small debris getting into the lens while in the rifle bag.

Also, I love that you guys took the Sage Dynamics and other feedback about durability of the previous Kingslayer to heart and released the Liberator, Justice, and Sentinel as a LE and Military line RDS, especially with adding the Ironsides to reinforce on that aspect.  Though one thing I've been curious about, is that most of the more budget friendly Reflex or Pistol RDS that are out there usually don't suffer so much with a poor quality frame but more or less the glass shatters sooner than the frame denting or cracking. It seems that in almost all of the instances, the glass shatters way before the frame.  And I can see why you guys decided to innovate with an add-on exo-skeleton frame with the Ironsides to help absorb the shock in an impact on the RDS and send it to the base of the mount and allowing the firearm to absorb the rest of the shock as well, but there seems to be that slight possibility of the glass still potentially being affected by some of the initial shock that isn't able to be absorbed by either the RDS frame itself or the Ironsides.  So I'm curious if you guys have looked into glass material and/or types of glass that would be more resistance to excessive impact shock that can cause it to shatter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:19:56 AM EST
Obviously the likes of the Trijicon RMR that set the bar with its resilient frame design and likely quality glass material has retained its reputation for essentially being indestructible, especially shown in the Sage Dynamics tests.  But where they lack I feel is in  the innovation that the newer trending "budget" line RDS like you guys, Holosun, Sig, etc. are able to include very beneficial features such as back up solar and "Shake awake" technology that I feel would make a reputable product like Trijicon that much more worth the premium.

Holosun is especially closing that gap compared to the RMR with the 508T that basically checks off all the boxes as far as durability, features, and prices, added on the fact that it's made out of titanium is weight is essentially negligible at that point.  

Sorry for the rant, just one of the things I've been mulling about when looking at reviews and feedback of the wide variety of alternative small footprint reflex sights out there and what seems to be the common theme as far as durability goes.

Again, love the Justice and ironsides and can't wait to put it more into  action on my AK!

NOTE:  Apologies for double post, I guess since I have a low post count it won't let me post long winded replies.
Page / 76
SwampFox Optics (Page 69 of 76)
Top Top