Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

SwampFox Optics (Page 2 of 75)
Page / 75
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:15:50 PM EST
That's only the first video in a series we are making. Each one is going to highlight a real Swampfox user, this one is a police officer who is a great guy and was wonderful to work with. Others will be competitors, fun family plinkers, cancer survivors, veterans, just people that we think are cool and can tell us in their own words what the American spirit means to them and what they like about using our products.

We are also doing a series of short how-to videos, some of them even starring my ugly mug, talking about how to reset zero on the turets, how to set the adjustable ocular, how to install the throw lever that comes with all our LPVOs. Stuff like that. It's a ton of work but I think it's the most effective way to communicate what we are all about.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:36:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/30/2019 9:19:45 AM EST by Swampfox_Optics_Mike]
Edited 4/30 after a chat at NRAAM.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:56:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/27/2019 1:56:22 PM EST by Capt_Destro]
About battery life, is that 3000 hours on medium settings? For the Micro Red Dots and Micro Reflex I mean.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:58:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/27/2019 2:55:47 PM EST by Knife_Sniper]
Welcome back Mike.

Does the extra super bright illumination bleed out the front of the optic?

Reticle looks a bit small. Where are the crossbars?
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 2:58:02 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
About battery life, is that 3000 hours on medium settings? For the Micro Red Dots and Micro Reflex I mean.
View Quote
3000 on medium setting for the micro dot Liberator. We aren't at the same point as some others with 50k hour battery life yet. It's a priority to catch up on that in the coming generations.

The new mini reflex sight, the Kingslayer, now has a Triji RMR compatible footprint. The first gen of them was compatible with Glock MOS plate #1 but that was short sighted, nobody else but Glock uses that setup so it was an adapter plate nightmare, and we switched to the most common footprint which is RMR. Unfortunately in doing so, we had to downsize the battery from a CR2032 down to a CR1632 to make room for the screws. That means the Kingslayer's battery life at a medium setting is only 1600 hours. It DOES have auto-off, so if you put it in your safe with the dot still on it won't just burn up sitting there waiting for your next range trip. And the other good news is, when you need to swap it out, the battery is located in a tray in the side so you don't have to pull the whole scope and lose your zero. It'll take you two minutes to swap out the battery.

If you're looking for an on-all-the-time concealed carry solution, I don't think Kingslayer is there yet. Just pony up your $500 for the real deal Trijicon and swap your batteries every Christmas just to be sure. If you DON'T have to leave it on all the time, hey ours costs half as much and you don't have to pull the scope to change your battery out. You can buy a lot of spare batteries for the $250 you saved.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 2:59:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By Knife_Sniper:
Welcome back Mike.

Does the extra super bright illumination bleed out the front of the optic?

Reticle looks a bit small. Where are the crossbars?
View Quote
Which reticle do you mean? On the low power variables? Would you like me to take a couple of cell phone pics looking through the 1-8x Tomahawk I'm currently running?
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 3:19:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Swampfox_Optics_Mike:

Which reticle do you mean? On the low power variables? Would you like me to take a couple of cell phone pics looking through the 1-8x Tomahawk I'm currently running?
View Quote
Affirmative
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 3:57:12 PM EST

View Quote
Of course!

Your trying to sell us on these things right? 😀
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 4:55:01 PM EST
I've ordered one of those doohickey adapter deals to mount a cell phone behind a scope, hopefully it isn't a total piece of crap. Will at least take still pics soon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 4:28:53 AM EST
It's awesome when you can talk directly to a company, thanks Mike.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:33:50 AM EST
That coupon code is mighty tempting. I'm torn between the 2 reticles though.... The cross seems like it would be better at distance and higher magnification, but the "dot" seems like it would be better at 1x.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:40:21 AM EST
That's only the first video in a series we are making. Each one is going to highlight a real Swampfox user, this one is a police officer who is a great guy and was wonderful to work with. Others will be competitors, fun family plinkers, cancer survivors, veterans, just people that we think are cool and can tell us in their own words what the American spirit means to them and what they like about using our products.

We are also doing a series of short how-to videos, some of them even starring my ugly mug, talking about how to reset zero on the turets, how to set the adjustable ocular, how to install the throw lever that comes with all our LPVOs. Stuff like that. It's a ton of work but I think it's the most effective way to communicate what we are all about.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:55:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:

That coupon code is mighty tempting. I'm torn between the 2 reticles though.... The cross seems like it would be better at distance and higher magnification, but the "dot" seems like it would be better at 1x.
View Quote
Same here. I have a vortex HD 1-6x but want another LPVO for another rifle.

Torn between reticles and if I should go 1-4x or 1-6x.

Are the reticles daylight bright and how does it compare to the vortex Razor HD at 1x? I know that is comparing a $1000 scope to a $300 scope but I am still curious.

I will probably buy one today or tomorow.

Thanks Mike!
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 12:40:57 PM EST
@Swampfox_Optics_Mike

When will the mounts be back in stock? Ready to give these a shot
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 12:51:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
Truglo Ignite looks good.

OEMd by Holosun most likely.

Truglo Ignite

Uses a AAA too.
View Quote
That looks pretty cool. I am open to Truglo just because they are a Texas A&M CCMU sponsor.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:08:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:
Well lookee here

Thanks for the info.

I posted this elsewhere, but some changes to the scope covers (or as an additional accessory): Butler Creek like quick release CLEAR ocular, and either a clear or Kill Flash obj cover would be nice. Also, an SPR mount for us 'Nose To Charging Handle' shooters. Heck, while I'm at it, make a printable scope cap disk for people shooting other than 55gr out of a 16" (just a graphic of the the BDC reticle where we can add our new ranges?) and investigate adding a "Shake Awake"/MOTAC feature to the LED.

Welcome back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:
New account, who dis?

First post and it's a reply? Sure, why the hell not.

Until February I was known as PA_Mike....
Well lookee here

Thanks for the info.

I posted this elsewhere, but some changes to the scope covers (or as an additional accessory): Butler Creek like quick release CLEAR ocular, and either a clear or Kill Flash obj cover would be nice. Also, an SPR mount for us 'Nose To Charging Handle' shooters. Heck, while I'm at it, make a printable scope cap disk for people shooting other than 55gr out of a 16" (just a graphic of the the BDC reticle where we can add our new ranges?) and investigate adding a "Shake Awake"/MOTAC feature to the LED.

Welcome back.
Well CONGRATULATIONS on your new position & powers to You Mike!!  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:40:21 PM EST

3000 on medium setting for the micro dot Liberator. We aren't at the same point as some others with 50k hour battery life yet. It's a priority to catch up on that in the coming generations.

The new mini reflex sight, the Kingslayer, now has a Triji RMR compatible footprint. The first gen of them was compatible with Glock MOS plate #1 but that was short sighted, nobody else but Glock uses that setup so it was an adapter plate nightmare, and we switched to the most common footprint which is RMR. Unfortunately in doing so, we had to downsize the battery from a CR2032 down to a CR1632 to make room for the screws. That means the Kingslayer's battery life at a medium setting is only 1600 hours. It DOES have auto-off, so if you put it in your safe with the dot still on it won't just burn up sitting there waiting for your next range trip. And the other good news is, when you need to swap it out, the battery is located in a tray in the side so you don't have to pull the whole scope and lose your zero. It'll take you two minutes to swap out the battery.

If you're looking for an on-all-the-time concealed carry solution, I don't think Kingslayer is there yet. Just pony up your $500 for the real deal Trijicon and swap your batteries every Christmas just to be sure. If you DON'T have to leave it on all the time, hey ours costs half as much and you don't have to pull the scope to change your battery out. You can buy a lot of spare batteries for the $250 you saved.
View Quote
@Swampfox_Optics_Mike, is it the updated one on your website now? I'm asking because it looks like it doesn't have a radius on the front of the footprint there. I've been eyeballing the tomahawk series for a bit over a month and now a kingslayer, just want to make sure that it works with an RMR cut slide.

IF it is close but not exact to the RMR footprint (non-radius front) any chance you could post the specs on the exact foot print to cut a slide out for it?

It would be great to consolidate one thread for questions. Can't wait till you guys set up a dealer account, though I'm guessing it'll be a while due to cost
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:55:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By Smithy:

Are the reticles daylight bright and how does it compare to the vortex Razor HD at 1x? I know that is comparing a $1000 scope to a $300 scope but I am still curious.
View Quote
Our reticles are brighter than PA or say a Strike Eagle, but a Vortex Razor HD still stomps the living shit out of them like my Corvette stomps a minivan. It's not even close, but then again you can buy three minivans for the price of my Vette and they aren't even supposed to be in the same class, right? Hopefully one day we make scopes that compare well to the Razor HD. If and when we do, guess what, the price is going to be real comparable too.

The best daylight bright dot reticle out there in an LPVO is still the Steiner 1-4x in my opinion. But you aren't really getting an illuminated reticle there, you're getting a red dot superimposed on top of the etched reticle, so you lose all your advanced features and the overall eye catching shape of the reticle in exchange for a single dot which is marginally brighter. For some people that's a fair trade, and I don't knock it. But that's not the strategy we took with dual LEDs illuminating the actual reticle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:58:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By angelbeast6:

@Swampfox_Optics_Mike, is it the updated one on your website now? I'm asking because it looks like it doesn't have a radius on the front of the footprint there. I've been eyeballing the tomahawk series for a bit over a month and now a kingslayer, just want to make sure that it works with an RMR cut slide.

IF it is close but not exact to the RMR footprint (non-radius front) any chance you could post the specs on the exact foot print to cut a slide out for it?

It would be great to consolidate one thread for questions. Can't wait till you guys set up a dealer account, though I'm guessing it'll be a while due to cost
View Quote
We didn't update the imagery on the site when the new units came in. When I get mine I can take photos, and I'm waiting on feedback from some influencers and friends to confirm fitment on a variety of pistols with RMR cuts. We hope we got it right.

We won't be able to afford a dealer account here for awhile. Lets say we make $50 off the sale of each red dot. I would have to sell, theoretically, lets just say 100 red dots through Arfcom to break even on a dealer account here. We aren't ready for that yet, we are still too small.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:04:23 AM EST
Our reticles are brighter than PA or say a Strike Eagle, but a Vortex Razor HD still stomps the living shit out of them like my Corvette stomps a minivan. It's not even close, but then again you can buy three minivans for the price of my Vette and they aren't even supposed to be in the same class, right? Hopefully one day we make scopes that compare well to the Razor HD. If and when we do, guess what, the price is going to be real comparable too.

The best daylight bright dot reticle out there in an LPVO is still the Steiner 1-4x in my opinion. But you aren't really getting an illuminated reticle there, you're getting a red dot superimposed on top of the etched reticle, so you lose all your advanced features and the overall eye catching shape of the reticle in exchange for a single dot which is marginally brighter. For some people that's a fair trade, and I don't knock it. But that's not the strategy we took with dual LEDs illuminating the actual reticle.
View All Quotes

Makes sense. Now I just have to decide on 4x or 6x and the reticle!! Dang so many decisions!
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:15:49 AM EST

Are the reticles daylight bright...
View Quote
I have the Tomahawk 1-4x and setting 11 most definitely was *very visable* on a sunny day at noon, with a foot of snow on the ground. I have nothing to compare it to though - but I know I would have sent it back if I had any question about reticle briteness.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:23:29 PM EST

We didn't update the imagery on the site when the new units came in. When I get mine I can take photos, and I'm waiting on feedback from some influencers and friends to confirm fitment on a variety of pistols with RMR cuts. We hope we got it right.

We won't be able to afford a dealer account here for awhile. Lets say we make $50 off the sale of each red dot. I would have to sell, theoretically, lets just say 100 red dots through Arfcom to break even on a dealer account here. We aren't ready for that yet, we are still too small.
View Quote
God to know. I’m following this thread and I’ll keep a eye out for any others.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 11:49:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/30/2019 12:05:07 PM EST by olds442tyguy]
4X prism optic with the same reticle that's in your LPVO, but in green with a Chevron instead of a dot. Tethered caps, ACOG mounts, and a 35mm objective to beat everyone else's eye box. Put an off setting between each illumination setting.

Call it Swampthing.

Edit: I would say put a lot of thought into green and chevrons most of all. Dip into the undipped (aside from Trijicon). With a company name that has the word "swamp" in it, it would be a tragedy if y'all didn't embrace the green.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 10:51:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
4X prism optic with the same reticle that's in your LPVO, but in green with a Chevron instead of a dot. Tethered caps, ACOG mounts, and a 35mm objective to beat everyone else's eye box. Put an off setting between each illumination setting.

Call it Swampthing.

Edit: I would say put a lot of thought into green and chevrons most of all. Dip into the undipped (aside from Trijicon). With a company name that has the word "swamp" in it, it would be a tragedy if y'all didn't embrace the green.
View Quote
AAA or AA battery also. None of those weird batteries.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 8:35:12 AM EST
On the flip side, if 2032's allow smaller/lighter - I have no problem finding them anywhere, and buy blister packs off Amazon. They are also 3v as opposed to 1.5v for AA/AAA.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 10:55:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/4/2019 11:29:24 AM EST by Swampfox_Optics_Mike]
Well folks, I'm not super happy about this, but I promised pics looking through the scope, I took 'em, here they are. This is me being honest with you guys because that's the reputation I want to build here. If I'm honest about what's going on now when I'm disappointed, then later on if I make a big announcement about a new improved version or a badass new scope, you guys will hopefully remember posts like this and I'll have more credibility than some of the other paid shill marketing guys.

I recently hit the range and documented how to do a "box test" for a YouTube video. I'm new at making these videos and not particularly great at it yet, so I actually shot the box test three times before I was happy with my takes and my presentation, my videography, etc. The good news is, the Tomahawk tracked like a damn champ three times in a row, it did everything I asked it to do. So, I'm hoping that YouTube video will be awesome to show folks that an American-specc'd, Chinese built LPVO CAN in fact track well and do a box test. That's the good news.

The bad news is, the dual LED illuminators in the Tomahawk don't really make that much difference in the real world. I don't know why this is. Part of the issue is that illuminating thinner areas of reticle takes a lot more juice than illuminating thicker areas of reticle. There's just less reflective paint in the etching to scatter light back towards your eye. But, I expected a bigger difference for having double LEDs and cutting our battery life in half as a result (at max blast anyway). These images were taken by my iPhone 8, hand held, with the Tomahawk mounted on my AR for the box test and my old "Brand P" scope still in its ADM mount. They have been cropped and resized to 1200px wide but they have not been altered in any other way. No playing with saturation, no sharpening, you're seeing what the iPhone saw. I'm still on the character limit for new accounts, so pics to follow.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:27:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/17/2019 3:33:42 PM EST by Swampfox_Optics_Mike]
Here's "Brand P"... hah, I'm being coy unnecessarily there, it's my old beloved Primary Arms 1-8x24 SFP. At 1x and 8x power, target at 100 yards, illumination on full blast setting 11.

And here's the Tomahawk 1-8x24 SFP at 1x and at 8x, same target area, illumination also on full blast. The aberration seen at the edges of the scopes is not something I pick up with my naked eye on either the PA scope or the SF scope. It's a cell phone camera thing.

There it is. I wish I could be showing you that our efforts to increase illumination bore fruit and we have a scope that's clearly brighter than PA or Vortex or other Chinese made LPVOs. But that's not what I saw, not what the cell phone saw.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:28:06 AM EST
I've been in discussions about how to fix this. If it was an easy fix, a more established company like Vortex, with 100 times our resources, would have done it. The obvious choice is to source brighter emitters, which do exist, and come from Japan. They also cost a lot more and you have to buy them in an insane quantity to get them at all. Doing so would mean having something like a 13 year supply of emitters, and writing the check to do it would halt all other research and development on future scope improvements for the forseeable future. It's hard to pay back a six figure investment in tiny little LED emitters when nobody has heard of your brand and you're trying to sell scopes for $300-400 each. I'm no financial planning genius but that seems pretty obviously impossible to me, which is probably why it's impossible for all the other brands you already know as well.

The other option is to forget illuminating the reticle at all and basically build in red dot technology into the scope, so you make the customer pay for a scope and a red dot at the same time and they get a brighter illumination, but only a 2 MOA or 3 MOA center red dot. I'm sure ya'll can think of a very popular and high value 1-4x scope that uses this approach. I'm bringing in a friend who is an optics designer to talk with our team about the feasibility of it for us. Of course, the downside is, everyone who has astigmatism problems with red dots will now have astigmatism problems with an LPVO that's using the same sort of tech. So we'll have half of our buyers saying the illuminated reticle isn't bright enough and the other half saying they don't want the brighter dot-only illumination because they can't see it properly.

I'm discouraged as hell at the moment but I'm not giving up. Ever.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:33:37 AM EST
I've been in discussions about how to fix this. If it was an easy fix, a more established company like Vortex, with 100 times our resources, would have done it. The obvious choice is to source brighter emitters, which do exist, and come from Japan. They also cost a lot more and you have to buy them in an insane quantity to get them at all. Doing so would mean having something like a 13 year supply of emitters, and writing the check to do it would halt all other research and development on future scope improvements for the forseeable future. It's hard to pay back a six figure investment in tiny little LED emitters when nobody has heard of your brand and you're trying to sell scopes for $300-400 each. I'm no financial planning genius but that seems pretty obviously impossible to me, which is probably why it's impossible for all the other brands you already know as well.

The other option is to forget illuminating the reticle at all and basically build in red dot technology into the scope, so you make the customer pay for a scope and a red dot at the same time and they get a brighter illumination, but only a 2 MOA or 3 MOA center red dot. I'm sure ya'll can think of a very popular and high value 1-4x scope that uses this approach. I'm bringing in a friend who is an optics designer to talk with our team about the feasibility of it for us. Of course, the downside is, everyone who has astigmatism problems with red dots will now have astigmatism problems with an LPVO that's using the same sort of tech. So we'll have half of our buyers saying the illuminated reticle isn't bright enough and the other half saying they don't want the brighter dot-only illumination because they can't see it properly.

I'm discouraged as hell at the moment but I'm not giving up. Ever.
View Quote
Personally I prefer a daylight bright red dot over a non daylight bright illuminated reticle. But as new as you guys are if the price increases much it may be a hard sell.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 12:02:12 PM EST

Personally I prefer a daylight bright red dot over a non daylight bright illuminated reticle. But as new as you guys are if the price increases much it may be a hard sell.
View Quote
Right. We cripple our R&D and our ability to produce product for the next three years so the customer base can refuse to pay $50 more for the product. Brilliant move, right?

I think we're stuck for now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 12:10:29 PM EST
It looks like the PA has a thicker doughnut, which is going to be more visible and appear brighter if both scopes use the same LED tech., especially compared to the BDC tree.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 12:17:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By NotUrLawyer:
It looks like the PA has a thicker doughnut, which is going to be more visible and appear brighter if both scopes use the same LED tech., especially compared to the BDC tree.
View Quote
Yup, that's definitely part of it. More paint to reflect any given amount of light. And you can see they didn't even try to illuminate their BDC, which is a whole different debate. Personally I like an illuminated BDC if you can pull it off. Other people see no point to it, saying "I'm not taking 400 yard shots when it's dark enough to need illumination anyway." Everything is a compromise.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 12:28:07 PM EST
Yup, that's definitely part of it. More paint to reflect any given amount of light. And you can see they didn't even try to illuminate their BDC, which is a whole different debate. Personally I like an illuminated BDC if you can pull it off. Other people see no point to it, saying "I'm not taking 400 yard shots when it's dark enough to need illumination anyway." Everything is a compromise.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NotUrLawyer:
I'm not taking a 400 yard shot at dusk when I need illumination with a $400 optic.
Different tools for different problems.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 2:10:24 PM EST

View Quote
I'm the opposite, daylight bright isn't that important to me. If it was, I'd just go with a RDS + magnifier combo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 3:10:35 PM EST

I'm the opposite, daylight bright isn't that important to me. If it was, I'd just go with a RDS + magnifier combo.
View Quote
Same, the brightest it needs to be is to at least show the reticle when looking into a dark recessed/shadowed area, or when it's getting darker out.

But I don't kick in doors, and do CQB stuff either. I never did care for the "donut" reticles
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 6:41:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By Et2ss:
Same, the brightest it needs to be is to at least show the reticle when looking into a dark recessed/shadowed area, or when it's getting darker out.

But I don't kick in doors, and do CQB stuff either. I never did care for the "donut" reticles
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Et2ss:

My favorite setup I have is my 11.5" with a Holosun 503-ACSS + Aimpoint 3X-C in an ADM swingaway mount. I'm just waiting for PA to release a rotary knob RDS with the ACSS reticle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 11:34:19 AM EST
Cloudy day at noon. 1-4x at "11". Just a second sample. One on a light'ish object, the other in the woods.

Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:12:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/5/2019 2:41:13 PM EST by Knife_Sniper]
Why not a German #4 with a bdc etched into the fine lines?

1-4 or 1-6

Full red line or center line illumination. High contrast. Good with weaponlight. Good in woods. Good aiming indoors to bright outdoors. Has bdc. Good enough up close. Good out far. Low cap turrets.

Just not as fast as a red dot, but you probably know that.

Just offset a red at 45 and you have a fully capable optic for every light scenario.

Im sorry but I have to show people the way the truth and the light of the German #4.

In dim or low light, illuminated reticles are great.

Activate a weapon light and low setting of a illuminated reticle is typically washed out by the white hot light (more so than this simulated photo) and the contrast is then given to the german#4 crossbars to allow effecient alignment of reticle with target.

Even if you crank up the brightness with a breakthrough led, what happens if the cr2032 dies? Which reticle would you want?

Indoors to outdoors, small reticles are difficult to track.

G4 reticles are easy to pick up from a covered to a bright area.

Acogs could use improvement.

Battery dies on a shortdot? Crossbars would help. I added the crossbars on this photo. Today's weaponlights are far hotter and brighter and would make the contrast even more obvious.

And that ends my display.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:43:19 PM EST
Is there a focus point to the emitters? Meaning would it be brighter if just the dot and horseshoe were illuminated? I can't imagine many people needing 600 yard BDC in the dark.

And I know I sound like a broken record, but green is proven to be easier for the eye to see. On my optic that has both, the green is considerably brighter.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:11:18 PM EST
Is there a focus point to the emitters? Meaning would it be brighter if just the dot and horseshoe were illuminated? I can't imagine many people needing 600 yard BDC in the dark.

And I know I sound like a broken record, but green is proven to be easier for the eye to see. On my optic that has both, the green is considerably brighter.
View Quote
1. No "focus point" advantage in illuminating just some of the reticle. Right now the BDC reticle is fully illuminated and the MOA reticle only has the center illuminated. Both have the same intensity for the illuminated parts. The rheostat is the same, the amount of juice the emitters need to power up is the same, the only difference is in the amount of reflective paint on the etched reticle that is scattering the light back towards your eye.

2. I brought up green reticles, we are going to try it with the red dots first and see how they sell. Unfortunately green illumination in etched reticles has been the sole province of shit-tier fly by night Ebay grade scopes for the last few years, and we think that since nobody knows our brand name yet, if they see green illumination they are going to assume that our stuff is the same as the $50 Ebay junk I wouldn't even want on a BB gun. Hopefully the market's reaction to green reticle illumination changes over time, because I like it myself as well.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:25:37 PM EST
Yeah, I can understand that. I view blue that way.

Do you know what direction and location the emitters "fire" at the reticle? I'd genuinely be curious if a red dot emitter could be reflected at an angle to illuminate the reticle rather than reflect off the lens per your earlier idea (red dot LPVO hybrid).
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:35:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/6/2019 5:12:20 PM EST by Et2ss]
I've got an AR 332 with both red and green illumination. While no top tier Trij, it's certainly not a $50 ebay junker either.

If it's a solid product, people trust you, and your sales will follow
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:44:48 PM EST
Got my swampfox order the other day. Liberator, Kingslayer, and two 1-4x Tomahawks. So far I am very impressed. The glass is great for the price. The reticle illumination on the T-hawk is a little uneven, but not distracting. Clicks are precise and clicky. I Think I will really like the T-hawk reticle. The rubber pushbuttons on the Kingslayer and liberator are sensitive and responsive. The red dots are very bright and sharp.

As for daylight brightness on the T-Hawk I haven't been able to check because it has been stormy and rainy the last few days. I will have to wait for a sunny afternoon. I am going to mount them up this weekend and hopefully get them on the range next week. I am really impressed with the kingslayer. I like that you don't have to take it off to change batteries and that it wont have that intermittent  dot problem that some of the RMRs had due to the battery being sandwiched between the sight and the slide. Like I said the pushbutton is sensitive. If I set the Glock 19 down on the button side it will activate the optic.

Register on the active voice website and do the little quizzes they have for 30% off your order! It was worth the extra 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:05:15 PM EST
Like I said the pushbutton is sensitive. If I set the Glock 19 down on the button side it will activate the optic.

I'm going to try this out for myself, thanks for bringing it up. I'll fire up an email and ask if we can make the next gen reflex less sensitive. I would also personally prefer more of a "click" feel, I think they are a bit smooshy right now for my tastes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:06:38 PM EST
Yeah, I can understand that. I view blue that way.

Do you know what direction and location the emitters "fire" at the reticle? I'd genuinely be curious if a red dot emitter could be reflected at an angle to illuminate the reticle rather than reflect off the lens per your earlier idea (red dot LPVO hybrid).
View Quote
I honestly don't know, in my mind it's something close to a 45 degree angle but that's just from me seeing simplified diagrams. If we took a Sawzall to a scope, cut it in half, and actually measured angles, I might be quite surprised.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:10:46 PM EST
Like I said the pushbutton is sensitive. If I set the Glock 19 down on the button side it will activate the optic.

I'm going to try this out for myself, thanks for bringing it up. I'll fire up an email and ask if we can make the next gen reflex less sensitive. I would also personally prefer more of a "click" feel, I think they are a bit smooshy right now for my tastes.
View Quote
Yeah, at first I thought it was motion activated because I picked it up and it was on. I started messing with it and realized if I set it down on the button side it would activate. If I make a point to set it down really soft it doesn't happen though.  Less smooshy would be good.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:14:57 PM EST
Swampfox, Atibal, etc.

Who comes up with these names?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:46:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/6/2019 1:47:22 PM EST by RLunyATL]
Originally Posted By m6z:
Swampfox, Atibal, etc.

View Quote
Are you really not familiar with "swamp fox"?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:13:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By m6z:
Swampfox, Atibal, etc.

View Quote
The owners of the companies?

Just a wild ass guess
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:34:58 PM EST
Huh, according to the website you guys are pretty much in my back yard.

Let me know when you're hiring
Page / 75
SwampFox Optics (Page 2 of 75)
Top Top