Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/18/2013 9:35:41 PM EDT
http://shop.swab-its.com/firearm-cleaning-swabs-c7.aspx?noredirect

I found this company when I was looking for some cleaning supplies for my side-arm. They are pretty sweet, and also sell foam bore brushes too that attach to any standard 8-32 thread pitch cleaning rod. The prices are really reasonable when purchasing small quantities, and ship items for free within the U.S.

I started using foam because I noticed the amount of lint left behind from cotton patches, etc.. After I clean and oil my weapons, I use a spray bottle with denatured alcohol to soak the foam brushes or tips; then while holding a lint-free cloth (as lint free as can be possible), I squeeze the foam ends between thumb and index fingers. After they have dried, I just knock off any lint that may be on the foam after removing the solvent or oil from them using the alcohol and cloth.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 6:58:58 PM EDT
Been using these for a few years now to oil all my babies.

Got the idea from a kit I bought from MSTN used to sell with Gunbutter oil in it. I ran out of the swabs, and couldn't find his site anymore, so I looked up the swabs, and found Swab-its.

There great for getting all inside the BCG, and upper. I agree with the lint being a pain in the ass sometimes. The Swab-its put an end to that.
Top Top