Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 5:04:06 PM EDT
Ok, stupid question.  I found some AA2230C at a reloading company at $63.00/8 lb and another place that has Varget for $102/8 lb.  There is available data for both for the 62 gr. bullets that I am considering loading but the surplus powder thing concerns me.  I know that it would keep the cost down (ok, so I like having lot and lots of loaded shiny brass objects close at hand) but I am wondering if it is really worth it in the long run?  My concern is functionability in my AR.
I know that I need to load some up and see how the loads perform but if the 8 lbs of AA2230C is a fizzle, then I need to find something else to do with it.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
AA2230C is a good powder for AR15.  I use WC-844.

They'll refer this to the reloading forum on the general board.

IBTL

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with AA2230, but Varget is an excellent powder. You will find the information you seek on the Reloading Forum located under the General Discussion heading. This forum is reserved for questions about already manufactured ammunition and the forum moderator will be along shortly to lock it. See you at the reloading forum, and welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I am using AA 2230C, it's works perfectly!  It meters better than Varget, Varget is an extruded powder, whereas 2230C is a ball powder specifically designed for use in the 5.56 mm round.

You will find the Reloading Board under the General Tab.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:09:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the pointer to the right place.  Sometimes us Midwest boys get lost while in the big city.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top