Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2011 6:10:40 AM EDT
Tried to search thoroughly, but couldn't find anything. Anyone running one of these? Tell me about them; they're pretty well priced.

I'm looking for a good in spec lower for my Mk12 build.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have built several...they are GTG...They are Aero Precisions without their rollmark.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up two receivers from Surplus Arms and Ammo last night.  I ordered the Aero Precision roll mark, but I believe the SA&A is identical.

Have not shot them, but the finish is great, I tried them on three different uppers and all seemed good, inserted 4-5 different types of mags and all seated properly and dropped free.  Very pleased at this point.  Still pulling everything else together for the builds.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
LIke others have said Surplus Arms and Ammo lowers are the Aero and they are GTG.  Used an Aero lower for my most recent build, they are very good quality.  Aero makes lowers for many of the brand name AR manufactures out there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=121&t=832542

The pictogram lowers are Aero according to Palmetto and shipped for $65.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have built several...they are GTG...They are Aero Precisions without their rollmark.

X2
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hmm, this is tough! I like Palmetto a great deal, and try to get my ammo only from them. But AIM has the SA&A with the scope pictogram, which would look pretty cool on my Mk12, for $69. Damn decisions!

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm, this is tough! I like Palmetto a great deal, and try to get my ammo only from them. But AIM has the SA&A with the scope pictogram, which would look pretty cool on my Mk12, for $69. Damn decisions!

Don't forget that the Palmetto is $65 shipped.  Idk how much the shipping will be from AIM.  I've bought from both, both are good companies to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget that the Palmetto is $65 shipped.  Idk how much the shipping will be from AIM.  I've bought from both, both are good companies to deal with.

They have it listed for $59 so he already counted shipping.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I've bought and built onto ten or fifteen of em, all gtg. One of the first run wouldnt fit my older pmags, but all since then have been gtg.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Matched one up to a DEL TON M4 kit for a friend and it works fine. Made by Aero Precision.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1SASL&name=Surplus+Arms+%26+Ammo+LOW15+Stripped+AR+Lower+Receiver&search=lower+receiver
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered 3 of these lowers from Aim Surplus today. Apparently it's their company policy to limit individual sales of lowers to 3 max or I would have gotten more at that price. I have an Aero Precision lower that I built on last year and am 100% satisfied with.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the best bang for the buck is buying complete lowers from surplusammo's gunbroker auctions. He usually lists them for $149.99 or you can buy them from his website for $164.99.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#13]
They are nice, but the finish is not as good as other makers.  Mine came in to my FFL with a few bare metal spots and it was wraped in buble wrap and unopened by my FFL.

My Pmags fit a little snug in there as well, but with time they are loosening up.

Everything else about them is fine though.  Parts went together without issue an dthe fitment is nice and snug on either of my uppers (Stag and RRA).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top