Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 9:44:43 AM EDT
I have just installed a M73 rail on my A2 Bushy. I would like to mount an Aimpoint (when I get one, LOL) on the rail. I would want co-witness with irons. Any suggestions on a mount?

EDITED to add: What would an EO Tech take to co-witness with irons?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
mcgrubbs, I have an A2 (carry handle), not flattop. Thanks tho!

C4iGrant, I understand the issues related to non-FF hangards mounting optics. This is not a presicion weapon, and is used for fun. Looking for something a little different for plinking and MODCC shoots.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Bushy M4 A2 with an M73 forearm and at one time I had my Aimpoint mounted on it.  It worked pretty well, the only problem I had was I used a cantilever mount that wasn't high enough to co witness perfectly.  Like Grant said make sure you get a mount that sits a little higher.  Other  than the mount you shouldn't have any problems with mounting it on the forearm.  It's not the ideal spot for an optic but it will work.  Good luck
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top