Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2017 8:05:43 PM EDT
Was given SurefireZ2, needs a replacement tail cap. Was looking at a XM07 dual switch tail cap for it, a led conversion and arisksa mount for the sbr.

Would that work well? What other parts should I consider?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Kind of a waste of a great handheld light for using without attachment to firearm.

I haven't seen a mount that would really work with the narrower middle of the Z2.  I just keep mine in car hanging from lanyard by my knee.

There are some great switches on Candlepower forums.  Even one guy who sells copper or brass alternatives.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Surefire, they will at least replace the stock tail cap.  There are lots of options on Ebay and everywhere else also. Just got a weapon light tail cap for under $20 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:32:23 AM EDT
[#4]
The z2 is made for hand held use with a syringe type grip. I'd get a replacement tailcap. I'd send it out to precision works and get it bored out for 18650 rechargeables. And get an LED conversion.

That's if it's got sentimental value. If not. I'd throw a cheaper LED head in it and call it a day.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top