Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2005 10:46:21 AM EDT
I ordered a Z2 and it should be here today or Monday.  I ordered this mainly to use with my handguns but have some questions in regards to using it with my M4gery.  Can this light be mounted and used w/o any problems on my carbine or will I have to look at getting a different light if I descide to mount one on it.  Also, any comments on this light will be greatly appreciated as this is the first "tactical" type light I have purchased.

Anyone have any experience with the Surefire Z2???
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have carried one on my duty belt for 5 years and like it a lot.  I don't know about carbine mounting options.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It is not rated for weapon mounting. It is, as you will no doubt find, one of the best hand held lights, period. I love mine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
"Luck favors the prepared"

My favorite quote from The Incredibles.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#5]
if you get a 1" ring mount that will fit (the rubber finger thing-a me-bobbies), and i would recommend a shock bezel.
i think it would be too much hassle if you're thinking of frequently going back and forth ( belt carry to weapon light).  when i shoot my AR w/ a barrel mount, 1" ring and D3 light, i need to use loc-tite blue to keep the vibration from working it loose in short order.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is not rated for weapon mounting. It is, as you will no doubt find, one of the best hand held lights, period. I love mine.

Heck yeah, I got everyone in my unit hooked on the 6P/G2 bug. Everyone will say "why would you spend so much on a stupid flashlight" until the first time you use it. I carry mine on the left hip in a polymer holster upside-down.

Unless you are actually going to be using the Z2 grip as it was intended, just get the 6P. I got the Z2 and I wish I hadn't. Oh, and if you feel an itch for a rechargable light (like when you burn up a set of batteries every other night), just get the extension kit. The 9AN commander is WAY too fragile for duty use IMO.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies everyone.  So far I really like the light.  It will more then likely never be mounted to my carbine, if I descide to attach a light I will get a dedicated weapon light.  

Anyone with more feedback please chime in.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had a Z2 on my M-4 for about 3 years now. I have used it with and without a pressure switch. It works great and have never had one problem with it. I have a hot bulb in it now with the red filter for those critters down at my river bottom land. It throws a ton of light and I love it. Currently looking at getting a OTAL to take care of a few more critters.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#9]
i had my z2 mounted on my m4 during operations in afghanistan for 6 months,and then a couple more months in iraq,not a single problem.i had it in a 1" scope ring,with electrical tape wrapped around it to fill the extra space.sounds guetto rigged,i know,but if you know anything about the infantry,that's pretty standard.but like i said,it worked great.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top