Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/9/2005 10:46:21 AM EDT
I ordered a Z2 and it should be here today or Monday. I ordered this mainly to use with my handguns but have some questions in regards to using it with my M4gery. Can this light be mounted and used w/o any problems on my carbine or will I have to look at getting a different light if I descide to mount one on it. Also, any comments on this light will be greatly appreciated as this is the first "tactical" type light I have purchased.

Anyone have any experience with the Surefire Z2???
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 2:34:34 PM EDT
I have carried one on my duty belt for 5 years and like it a lot. I don't know about carbine mounting options.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 4:07:21 PM EDT
It is not rated for weapon mounting. It is, as you will no doubt find, one of the best hand held lights, period. I love mine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 5:38:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 7:16:12 PM EDT
"Luck favors the prepared"

My favorite quote from The Incredibles.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 7:25:10 PM EDT
if you get a 1" ring mount that will fit (the rubber finger thing-a me-bobbies), and i would recommend a shock bezel.
i think it would be too much hassle if you're thinking of frequently going back and forth ( belt carry to weapon light). when i shoot my AR w/ a barrel mount, 1" ring and D3 light, i need to use loc-tite blue to keep the vibration from working it loose in short order.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 8:20:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ALAN308:
It is not rated for weapon mounting. It is, as you will no doubt find, one of the best hand held lights, period. I love mine.

Heck yeah, I got everyone in my unit hooked on the 6P/G2 bug. Everyone will say "why would you spend so much on a stupid flashlight" until the first time you use it. I carry mine on the left hip in a polymer holster upside-down.

Unless you are actually going to be using the Z2 grip as it was intended, just get the 6P. I got the Z2 and I wish I hadn't. Oh, and if you feel an itch for a rechargable light (like when you burn up a set of batteries every other night), just get the extension kit. The 9AN commander is WAY too fragile for duty use IMO.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 6:06:35 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies everyone. So far I really like the light. It will more then likely never be mounted to my carbine, if I descide to attach a light I will get a dedicated weapon light.

Anyone with more feedback please chime in.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 3:21:13 PM EDT
I have had a Z2 on my M-4 for about 3 years now. I have used it with and without a pressure switch. It works great and have never had one problem with it. I have a hot bulb in it now with the red filter for those critters down at my river bottom land. It throws a ton of light and I love it. Currently looking at getting a OTAL to take care of a few more critters.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:50:02 PM EDT
i had my z2 mounted on my m4 during operations in afghanistan for 6 months,and then a couple more months in iraq,not a single problem.i had it in a 1" scope ring,with electrical tape wrapped around it to fill the extra space.sounds guetto rigged,i know,but if you know anything about the infantry,that's pretty standard.but like i said,it worked great.
Top Top