Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 5:16:13 AM EDT
How heavy is the Surfire M900A setup in comparison to a Tango Down Vert Grip and Surefire M952P tactical light config?  Any feedback on the M900A as far as durability? Thanx in advance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
M900A is 20 oz

Tango Down VFG is 3.75oz

I don't have the weight of the 952P, but it's going to be in the area of the 650-2 (5 oz) plust a TDI Mount (1.6oz).

All light weights include batteries.

So its M900 at 20oz vs the 952/TD combo at 10.35oz

Of course the 952/TD combo isn't as bright and it lacks the navigation lights.

However the the TD does have enough room to store a set of backup batteries (1.5oz for a pair of 123s)  giving it 2x the run time and still lighter weight.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the info..much appreciated. I'll go with the M900A. I like the cleaner look of the one piece unit, just was curiouse as too how much of a weight penalty I was getting with it. I can live with 10oz.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top