Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 5:54:03 PM EDT
I am considering one of the following set-ups. Both would be for 9mm SBR's w/ pic rail:

Either an X200 A or B. Aren't both of these LED's, I can never find the lumen output of the LED's.

or

One of the numerous options in the M101 or P101 style lights (which ever would fit a pic mount)..
I think these have nitrilion bulbs and come in 65/120 and 120/225 lumen lamp setups.

I was pleased with the light output of my streamlight M6 before I put it on the block....

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance..
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Surefire told me both the A and B were 65 lumens.  A uses a 3W LED wich has better throw and B is 5W which has better spill.  After trying both I prefer the A but I bought it for $150 so I wont buy the B until I find it that cheap.  Demoed the B and it has MUCH less throw and spill is almost TOO wide.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The X200A and X200B model are similar in design, are both LED's, and will both mount to a picatinny rail.  The difference between the two is in their output.  The X200A provides a 3 watt tightly focused beam whereas the X200B provides a 5 watt beam with much wider spill, meaning that instead of a tightly focused beam there will be a much wider angle of light output.  The X200B is brighter but the X200A will allow further engagement/identification.  Generally it's a matter of personal preference.  Depending on your environment an X200 may be an ideal match for your rifle, but I generally suggest an M600 Scout Light, or any of the 6 volt millenium lights for pistol caliber carbines.

As for the P101 and M101 those are designed as handgun mounted lights and I can't say for certain that  attachment to a pic rail is possible.  I arrived at Surefire after the debut of the X200 and have dealt only occasionally with the other handgun systems.  And Nitrolon refers to the material the P101 series is manufactured from.  The bulbs used in both lights are standard 6 and 9 volt Surefire lamp assemblies.  The M system is a 9volt, meaning 3 SF123 batteries, whereas the P is a 6 volt so two SF123's.  If it is still your wish to mount an M or P101 to a Pic rail I will check if you'd like.

Regards,
Alan Elam

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top