Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:05:37 AM EDT
Who has a Surefire M97 Weapon light and do you like it?

What kind of gun do you have it on and is it too long for a  M4 CAR AR15?  

How do you have it mounted QD lever or dual thumbscrew?

Do I need to get a mound to cantilever it down to fit on the gun becaure of the large reflector?

Please post anything else you think I might need to know.

Should I get this light or do I need to look at something else?

Post pics if you have any pics of  the light mounted on the gun.

Thanks all

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  It's big, but it puts the light way out there if you need it to.  It is probably too much for indoor use, but at 75 to 200 yds it can't be beat.  As long as the head clears the forend, it should fit.  Here it is on my A4gery:

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm running an M97LR-XM06 with LaRue offset and an FM24. It's a necessary evil when you live in the boonies. With the FM24 it's fine to at least 15 yds, and it absolutely owns at 100-135 yds with the filter flipped up.

It's on a LaRue 12.0 with a 16" ABS barrel.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I found using the YHM angle mount allowed me to place it in a position where it cleared the rail and it is in the perfect position for thumb activation (I shoot rifles left handed) .  You can even mount the flip up filters if you remove the rail cover.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top