Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2013 9:04:13 AM EDT
I currently have a Surefire M951 with a Malkoff  (220 lumen) installed and have it mounted using a Thorntail offset mount.

The M951 is a great light and it has served me well but I have been wanting to get a smaller, lighter light. Since I have the 951 mounted so far fwd to reduce the barrel shadow I can really feel its weight when driving the rifle in a CQB environment.

I started looking at other Surefire lights and began with the M600C. It is roughly the same lumens since I already have a Malkoff installed, has roughly the same run time and is only 3oz lighter than the 951.

I then looked at the M300. Its half the weight of the 951 but is also half the lumens. It is definitely an indoor only light.

Can anyone suggest a good replacement for me?  I would like something in the 200-500 lumen range, with a tape switch capability and low weight.

Maybe an X300 Ultra with the long gun kit?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a bunch of cheap m600c on the EE. You might want to grab one. I've been considering switching my scout out for a x300 ultra myself. Personally I think it's too blinding but I can always sell it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have all of the above lights.  I upgraded my tan 951 with a 600 lumen head and adapter from TNVC.  Don't know if it is a true 600, but, damn good throw AND flood.  About half the cost of a new light.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got back from Shot Show.  All the new Surefire lights coming out for 2013 put everything else in past to shame.
The new Surefire "M600/Scout" type lights will now be 500 lumens.  There will also be a 150 lumen version that will have IR capability simply by turning a ring (No KM2 head necessary)
All the X series lights (X300 etc) are going the same route - IR capability, insane lumen power.
Stay tuned, all the lights you see curently will be outdated.....Surefire was one of the most impressive booths at the show in terms of new advanced product.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just got back from Shot Show.  All the new Surefire lights coming out for 2013 put everything else in past to shame.
The new Surefire "M600/Scout" type lights will now be 500 lumens.  There will also be a 150 lumen version that will have IR capability simply by turning a ring (No KM2 head necessary)
All the X series lights (X300 etc) are going the same route - IR capability, insane lumen power.
Stay tuned, all the lights you see curently will be outdated.....Surefire was one of the most impressive booths at the show in terms of new advanced product.

Thought the x300v was suppose to have a 150 lumen white light. Not exactly "insane lumen power".

Same thing for the updated scouts with vampire heads. Is there suppose to be a new high output head?

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought the x300v was suppose to have a 150 lumen white light. Not exactly "insane lumen power".

Same thing for the updated scouts with vampire heads. Is there suppose to be a new high output head?

The X300 will have 500 lumen power, there will be another X300 B or V (can't remember) that will be 150 lumens with IR capability.
None of the lights had Vampire heads.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The X300 will have 500 lumen power, there will be another X300 B or V (can't remember) that will be 150 lumens with IR capability.

The x300u already has 500 lumens. I'm confused.
The "V" stands for vampire I thought. .

Are you sure you saw 500 lumen head for the scout and not the new white light/IR heads? Because that would be neat.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The x300u already has 500 lumens. I'm confused.
The "V" stands for vampire I thought. .

Are you sure you saw 500 lumen head for the scout and not the new white light/IR heads? Because that would be neat.

Yes that's already been released, the IR version has yet to be released.
Yes 500 for Scout.  The guys at the booth said that's what it is.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes that's already been released, the IR version has yet to be released.
Yes 500 for Scout.  The guys at the booth said that's what it is.

Well it's good surefire isn't ditching the scout. Maybe I'll pick one up when they get released.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top