Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2003 5:30:04 PM EDT
I posted this as a response to a thread in the GD forum, but, it really belongs here.

Thanks to new-arguy, I just got my M3 today and WOW! This light kicks ass. The bezel has serations cut into it so the light can be used as an impact weapon. I would hate to get hit in the teeth with this thing. Apperently this is a new feature on the M3.

The M3 is VERY bright and is just the right size. Fits perfectly in my hand when using the "Rodgers/SUREFIRE Technique".

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That should be banned!  It looks like a flash hider on the end! [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
M3 is the crap man! Now you just need a 3 cell weapon light for your M4 and you will have a pair of lights that will back one another up!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I need the veggie cutter bezel for my old M3 [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]
A few M3 bezels:
[img]http://www.pk-engineering.com/Size15/images1/al-m3bezels.jpg[/img]

And a larger view of the new one for 2004:
[img]http://www.pk-engineering.com/Size15/images1/SureFire%20XM%20in%20grip%202.jpg[/img]
Also, the XM TailCap - more on that later.

Al
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Size15s, that new M3 is AWESOME! When are they going to be available?

-Cap'n

BTW, It's great to see that PK-Town is back up [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Size15s, that new M3 is AWESOME! When are they going to be available?

-Cap'n

[:D]
View Quote

I'll let Size15's answer, but I'm going to guess that is pieced together from some prototype parts in his extensive collection.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
This shows the proto-type CombatGrip Housing that replaces the MH90 Millennium Universal WeaponLight Housing.
[img]http://www.pk-engineering.com/Size15/images1/SureFire%20LU%20types%2064.jpg[/img]

The Lamp Module Housing Body that I'm using is an old style version - the current version has flat faces like the LU20 but with more truncated edges.

The new M3 bezel is new for 2004 but with SureFire you may be able to get them now if you know where to shop, or it may take until next year sometime. Short answer - I don't know.

[img]http://www.pk-engineering.com/Size15/images1/al-l61.jpg[/img]
The new bezel and the KL6 5W Luxeon LED bezel...

Al
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the reply! I'll call around and see if I can't get hooked up with another M3 (I've got a few) with the new style bezel.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
That baby's gonna look sweet on my SIR.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
An M96xx MU surefire weapons light would be a better choice then a handheld M3. Same bulbs, same batteries, same idea, but the M96xx light protects the bulb by keeping the batteries from touching it and it comes with its own mount.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
An M96xx MU surefire weapons light would be a better choice then a handheld M3. Same bulbs, same batteries, same idea, but the M96xx light protects the bulb by keeping the batteries from touching it and it comes with its own mount.
View Quote

I will be getting one of these in the very near future. It will be nice to have a weapon light that is backed up by a handheld with a similar configuration.

Last night I was driving back from Tampa and shined it out my window going up I-75. Man, I couldn't believe how bright it was. The M3 kicks ass.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top