Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2003 2:33:57 PM EDT
Anyone have any experiance witht his item?

Thanks

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have it , what do you want to know ?

PP out
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#2]
PP, while your at it, tell us more about the L80 green laser as well...
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:05:49 AM EDT
[#3]
AK_M,
I have not got it so I cannot talk abt it , I'm sorry.....
PP out
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no experience with that particular laser, but in my opinion, lasers are crap.  They are ok for close range tactical situations indoors, but nothing else.  They zero to only one range, and are harder to acquire than a red dot or even iron sights.  I always fire from the shoulder, so I can use the iron sights faster and more effectively than the laser.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have no experience with that particular laser, but in my opinion, lasers are crap.  They are ok for close range tactical situations indoors, but nothing else.  They zero to only one range, and are harder to acquire than a red dot or even iron sights.  I always fire from the shoulder, so I can use the iron sights faster and more effectively than the laser.  Just my opinion.
View Quote

Well I have a different opinion. I've worked with lasers for some time now and IR lasers operating in conjunction with night vision equipment on a head or helmet mount is the fastest and most effective means to aquire and strike a target. And the majority of my laser guided hits are in excess of 100 yards. (M4 carbine) while the followup to that would be in the area of 25 to 40 yards off an MP 5. That's largely contributed to by the 9mm's significant drop factor over the .223's flatter shooting capabilities.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never used IR with NVG's.  But a simple red dot with windage/elevation adjustments doesnt seem to be much good.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#8]
throttlejunkies, as you said, they are pretty worthless.  They have some advantages in some situations, but the IR laser + NV gear is a whole other ballgame.  In that case, it's very valuable unlike visible lasers.

PP, sorry, I do remember you posted once about getting to see the L80 work and said it was really bright.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:02:33 AM EDT
[#9]
AK_M,
you're right.
I had the chance to see it while some friends were T&Eing it , I remember the dot was too bright indeed but I did not had the opportunity to "play" with it longer to be able to have a correct opinion .
I'm sorry ,
PP out
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top