Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 11:39:07 AM EDT
So, couldn't find my G2 last night.  Looking all over the place.

Eventually realize that there's a 'thumping' sound coming from the dryer.... I had washed and dried my flashlight!

I immediatly remove it from the dryer, and just for kicks (it wasn't dry yet, but it was pretty hot) hit the button... AND IT WORKED.

I took it apart and dried it out.  When I put it back together, it didn't work - but it did when I put in a new set of batteries.

I had a P61 (120 lumen) bulb in it.  It doesn't appear to be as bright as it was before(compared to a P60), but it still works.  It also may have changed color a little(The reflector is kind of 'yellowish' now.).  But it works - I figured that I'd need a new bulb, at the least.

Anyway, 2 thumbs up for SF durability!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I dropped my E2e off the top of a 6' ladder and the filament in the bulb broke.  It was getting near the end of its useful life, though.  The bulb was looking kinda brown before it broke after about a year of use.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I accidentally kicked my G2 off a 12' high ledge onto an asphalt driveway. It got nicked a little but it still works.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Dropped my Aviator A2 the other night onto the concrete. Put some knicks on the finish but the bulb still works. LED's are just fine too.
Had it almost a year, and that's its real first damage except when I dropped the bulb on some tile about 8 months ago.
-Steve
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I had an old girlfriend hit me up side the head with my 6Z, does that count?  It was a torture test of my skull.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I lost my E2 while shoveling snow, when it melted I found it again and it worked fine
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The laundry detergent may have ruined the finish on the reflector thats why it dosen't seem as bright anymore. I think they are made from polished aluminum
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#8]
My 6Z took a 15 foot drop off a moving freight train while I was attempting to make contact with several "visitors" from south of the border.  It still ran like a champ.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Dropped my C2 while checking for storm damage after hurricane Charlie. About a 3 foot drop into a hole created by an uprooted tree in my front yard. Took me two days to get to it but still works fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]
In a weak moment of reflexive anger, over 5 years ago, I threw my 6P at the rear of a car that attempted to run over my partner as it was driving away.  I was a pitcher in high school and was very mad so Im sure it was going very fast.  Anyway, it impacted the rear of the car and bounced off, slightly denting the metal around the lens.  It worked perfectly for a year after that until it needed a new bulb.  Disappointingly we never found the car.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top