Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2015 11:30:05 PM EDT
I'm in the process of mixing and matching some parts to build up a new weaponlight for one of my AR's.

At this point I've got a Malkoff M61 that I intend to use with a surefire 6P aluminum bezel.
(I also have an old shock isolating bezel but it's my understanding that these are actually detrimental to heat management vs the stock head when using an LED).

So along the question of heat management, I have a few bodies to choose from.

Would I be better off using the aluminum 6P body or a polymer G2 body?

The G-2 body is lighter and actually fits more snugly in the mount I plan on using which is an old VTAC offset.
I'm leaning toward the G2 but if I'm going to sacrifice performance and longevity on the setup due to poor heat sinking I think I may use the 6P.

Tailcap will be a momentary to match whichever body I use until I pick up a clicky cap.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You absolutely should use a 6P body.  The G2 body doesn't conduct heat at all, which is bad for the Malkoff drop in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You absolutely should use a 6P body.  The G2 body doesn't conduct heat at all, which is bad for the Malkoff drop in.
View Quote

Kind of what I thought, I was hoping I was wrong.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top