Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 2:52:42 AM EDT
I'm having trouble deciding on whether to get the 6v 951 or the 9v 961. I have a LaRue 9.0 rail on my gun so if anybody has either of these lights with the LaRue mount would be awesome also and can post pics of them mounted on your 9.0 rail I would appreciate it. I'm trying to find out if I will like the weight/balance of the 961 and maybe a pic might help. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:30:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:06:35 PM EDT
Thanks for the pic Grant. I already have your ad bookmarked. You don't find the extra length of the 9v gives it a weird balance mounted that far out?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:36:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:50:10 AM EDT
All right. So Grant. It would be accurate to assume that 6v will do the CQB job just fine in your opinion? Naturally, you prefer more (I can relate) but I'd give up power for size, assuming I had enough to do the job. Which could be CQB but it would be one heck of an emergency and way out of the ordinary (which I'd say is as inevitable as the flawed 911 Commission Report).

Then, for some reason it occurred to me that I've done plenty of recreational shooting at night. Rats, not deer/cattle/etc. - nice try though! The 9v is a little bigger. But what isn't a trade off? Sometimes it can be real handy to have a light outdoors, where brighter is usually beter.

As I think I said somewhere I'd hate to plunk down the $'s only to realize, "beautiful tool, but I bought the wrong one." If I could only do a side by side comparasin of the two in the back yard. At night. On coyote.

Targets.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:33:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:51:27 AM EDT
ping
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:39:03 AM EDT
I tried the 952 for a little while before changing to the 962; the 95 is arguably better indoors, the 96 definitely superior outdoors. Yep, the 962 puts a fair amount of weight out there towards the end, but it is worth it IMHO. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:16:25 PM EDT
I know. It's a tough call. If I hadn't considered shooting outside at night? I frankly believe that I would prefer 6v to 9 v inside. It's amazing though. I was just walking the dog up the street into the desert. I found a 6P in the pocket of the jacket I threw on and started playing with it. When there is little or no ambient light, that stupid thing is a search light beacon.

A small edge can be an enormous advantage. Thanks for the thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:16:09 AM EDT
I have both and am issued both. I like the 9v Light, but only if I don't have to carry it far. THe weight of the light itself isn't the issue so much...it's the redi mag with the extra mag in place, both of which are HK mags...plus the ACOG...and 3 point sling...and PEQ2...and sometimes the 203. That junk adds up. Now I am trying to minimize it all, I went to a smaller light, lost the 203 and PEQ and might lose the second mag.

Getting lazy;)

Grant is right about the larger light though, it is brighter.
Top Top