Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/22/2003 3:12:23 PM EDT

I just picked one of these up on Eb.. and thought I'd ask the guy's who had one if they liked it or not...

thanks.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:37:30 PM EDT
lots, and lots, and lots, of issues with the batteries in the 8 and 9 series SureFire lights.

Holding a charge, accepting a charge, etc. have been real issues.

If you get good batteries they are pretty good lights.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2003 11:16:19 PM EDT by chuck1]
I use one every day at work and like it a lot. So far 8 months straight and no issues with battries or the charger. Has been dropped, covered in ink, grease and some stuff I don't want to know what it is and still keeps working. The best part is I didn't have to buy it. :)
Only complaints I have is run time is about 20 minutes constant and it gets really warm when used for a period of time. Guess I should use a drop light but who can find an outlet around where I work.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:15:29 AM EDT
It should run in the 50-70 minute range. Unless you are getting it hot enough for the battery's thermal shutdown to kick in (if the battery has it, the lithiums do, not sure about ni-cads).
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:48:32 PM EDT
I have had my Surefire 8X for 3 years now and have used it on duty for 2 1/2 years.

This is a great light. I have only replaced the battery one time within this 3 year time period. It still has the original lamp in it also.

A lot of guys on my PD use the 8AX and the 8X and love them also.
Top Top